Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

White screen of bullshittery

Soooo, hooray. Not even a month after my last problem, i encounter yet another! This time it is simple, i try to load into any of the games i am part of, either be it me DM'ing or just a player. And i am met with a white screen, toolbar, and the entire thing on the right hand side. BUT! whenever i try to do something in there, (for example trying to pull up my character sheet, handout or anything else) I am just met with a blank sheet of screen. (Yes, i do have a seperate sheet for my spellbook, as i am using chancecaster in that particullar game, and need to have somewhere to pull out 11 spells from each level, excluding 8 and 9 which have 11 combined) Also adding pictures so you can actually see this bullshit
I am having the exact same problem at the moment as well, I don't know how to fix this as I am waiting to see if anyone can fix it
was trying to post my result from chrome://gpu,  but whenever i try to do that i just get an error saying they don't find the page i'm using....
Don't have the problem while using microsoft edge. Strange.... 
I have this exact same problem as well. Closing and reopening roll20 doesn't work, reloading the page doesn't work, and it happens to literally all my maps.
Okay so I've found that clearing my cache fixed the issue for me.&nbsp; <a href="https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/2392709?hl=en&amp;visit_id=637417395444495736-2696468435&amp;rd=1" rel="nofollow">https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/2392709?hl=en&amp;visit_id=637417395444495736-2696468435&amp;rd=1</a> Hopefully this helps for you too.

Edited 1606143039
Gold
Forum Champion
Eek. I don't know the answer.&nbsp; I think the part that's not loading is called, "The Canvas". I think it's right to say your WSOD (white screen of death), is " the canvas is not loading". As usual some things to try, load it in Chrome and in Firefox. See if either one works. Edge is not a supported browser officially. Load it with extensions turned off for your browser, if you had any. These are trouble-shooting techniques to try to find what caused the glitch.
Sondre and William, what browsers are yah'll experiencing this on? Do you have any active browser extensions running as well?
(also, in the interim while I look into this, clearing your cache may fix this)

Edited 1606161059
Hello. I'm experiencing this issue me too. I'm using Google Chrome, though I tried to use firefox as well. Whie on Chrome I had the same problem the other users already listed, even after clearing my cookies. On Firefox, I could see the main page loading with the map/image the master uploaded there while I couldn't see the character sheet. Interestly, on my tablet I had no issues, as I was able to see everything the correct way on the chrome browser installed on it. EDIT: I would like to add i'm not even able to leave the current adventure nor reset the chat because the page opening when you click on the gear icon is not working.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Are all folks having the issue using the&nbsp;D&amp;D 5th Edition by Roll20 Sheet? I am not experiencing this issue.
I'm seeing the same split white screen.&nbsp; No maps will load.&nbsp; Same on FF and Chrome.&nbsp; Cleared cache and restarted both browsers.
Hales R. said: (also, in the interim while I look into this, clearing your cache may fix this) Clearing the cached does nothing, FYI.
I too am having this issue. Tried clearing my Cache. Changing accounts, logging on and off, restarting pc,disabling extensions and no change.

Edited 1606239589
I have the same problem. Have cleared cache, reset passwords, deleted history - the whole nine yards and to no avail. Its like that across all my games. I used the thing a few days ago with no issues. On the one game I run a standard 5e sheet, on the other i run the first Cyberpunk 2020 sheet on the list. have tried to log in and out, restart my pc and change browsers. Nothing works.
Same issue here.&nbsp; I hope this clears up.&nbsp; We have a game in 6 hours!&nbsp;&nbsp;
It's back up and running properly for me.&nbsp; Thanks, Roll20 folks!&nbsp;&nbsp;

Edited 1606419085
Hales R. said: Sondre and William, what browsers are yah'll experiencing this on? Do you have any active browser extensions running as well? Only happens on chrome. Cache has been cleared, no extensios are enabled (Even disabled the google document extensions)&nbsp; The problem is still persisting, And i have so far not had any problem while using Edge whatsoever, so that is now going to be my goto browser for Roll20. Don't really feel like downloading firefox before i actually have no other option.&nbsp; Edit: I just tested it on chrome to see if there might be any change since i actually tried it last time yesterday. And would you look at that, now it's working completely fine. I have done absolutely no changes or extra steps to try to fix the problem. Been a few days since i cleared my cache.&nbsp;
It works sporadically for me on Chrome. I noticed it hasn't broken if I open it in an incognito window.
Having this same issue on Chrome and on Edge.&nbsp; No extensions and no changes since this worked on the 25th.&nbsp; Clearing Cache does not fix.

Edited 1606491192
Still having the issue in Chrome even after clearing cache. I can now get the map to load but not the character sheet tab of the D&amp;D 5e character sheet. If I launch Chrome incognito it works fine
keithcurtis said: Are all folks having the issue using the&nbsp;D&amp;D 5th Edition by Roll20 Sheet? I am not experiencing this issue. I'm experiencing the issue and I am running a Pathfinder 2nd Edition Adventure.
Cleaning the browser cache solved the issue on my side.
Hi folks, For folks who are able to get things to work while in incognito mode, could you provide a list of what extensions you are using for your browser as well as what version? Incognito will typically completely disable all extensions. If it is working in incognito then it is pointing to potential interference originating from addons/extensions.