Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Looking for an API for Bag of Holding

One of my players has got a bag of holding, and soon the rest of the party will get some as well. And we probably all love bags of holding, however, there is one major issue I have with them. And that is keeping track of the weight. The bag of holding can hold up to 500 pounds, if you put more than that into the bag it ruptures and is destroyed. Now if you have players like me that put all kinds of crazy junk into the bag like whole monster skins to sell on the market, basically every item they find and more, then you will soon get very close to the limit. Since weight is already given in the roll20 character sheets I would love to have some sort of API or method to automatically calculate the weight of things inside a bag holding. Bonus Points if it also calculates the space taken up. Let me know if someone can make something like this or has any other solutions to handle a bag of holding
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
One approach I have seen described is to create a character sheet named "Bag of Holding", then keep track of items in the sheet's inventory. Give control of the bag's "character" to whichever player holds the bag. The cumulative weight carried will then be separate from the character's, and can easily be tracked.