Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Online][5e][paid][Friday 1PM EST] Madness at Gardmore Abbey, come investigate what remains of a once-mighty paladin order

Greeting and salutations! Gardmore Abbey. Once a bastion of a paladin order devoted to Bahamut, this sacred monastery has become a monster-infested ruin. According to legend, the paladins brought back an artifact from a far-off campaign and stored it in the abbey for safekeeping, and evil forces assaulted the abbey in a failed bid to recapture it. About the game Gardmore Abbey is a 4th edition module which i have heard very high praises from a few different people in different occasions, and decided to convert it to 5e. This is not my first time converting 4e material, and believe me when i say there are several pitfalls It has a lot of roleplaying opportunities, to the point one can feasibly avoid some 2/3 of the combat. Politics also play a prominent role, with three major factions to befriend or antagonize. Combat is somewhat rare, though several encounters can be solved via combat if you fail the diplomatic approach. Lethality is very low, as most (but not all!) enemies would be more interested in capturing than killing the adventurers. Length: 4 hours per session, and an expected total of 10 sessions. Time: 1PM EST. More specifically at 2PM at UCT -3, which is my timezone. Date: This game will be run on Fridays, starting on December 4th Payment: 5$ per session, to be paid up to 24 hours before the session. About you Your characters start as a level 5 party, which has just returned from an adventure and found a single card from the Deck of Many things. Your search for clues as to why the deck is scattered have led you to the village of Springhaven, where we start the adventure. As someone who is about to explore a religious abbey, it is advisable to decide which deity (if any) your character worships. About me I've been DMing Dungeons and Dragons for six years. My approach to games is very sandboxy: i create the world, the players create the game. The players can't ruin my plans if i have absolutely no plans in the first place, it's a win-win! In my earlier days i did that to a fault, often leaving inexperienced players with no idea what to do. After a while i changed my method to the "infinite +3 alternatives" where the players are presented with clear options and plots, while still having the option to do whatever they want. "Never have I imagined that character creation could be this deep and immersive." - Emajenus, a first-time player. "A quality DM" - Av777, customer. "5/7 DM" - KuriBro, player. "That was a great dungeon, loved how everything fit together and the unique encounters" - Gouresdo, after a quarantine module. LGBT friendliness policy I don't care about your gender, biological sex, sexual orientation, political opinions, religion, or pretty much anything. You can tell by the fact i'll never ask you any of that. That means i will neither treat you worse for any of it, nor will i treat you any better. I've studied at a college where 90% of the males in my class were gay, and last year one of my best friends came out as trans. From my experience, not giving a shit is exactly the right thing. LGBT people just want to be treated as people, and that's what i do. If you're a good player, who gets along with the others and is respectful, that's honestly all that matters. Actually i do care a little bit about your nationality, but only insofar as it affects timezones. Unsure? I will be running a free one-shot this Friday (the 27th) for anyone interested in the main game. It can house up to 4 players, so depending on demand i might have to run another one at a different time. Mandatory disclaimer: This game will require payment to the Game Master at a rate of 5 dollars per session. Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements.
We have three slots left. And due to popular demand, the game itself was moved to saturday at 1AM UCT. The one-shot remains the same time.