Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP][Paid][5E] Homebrew Campaign - Veteran DM looking for 5 players for a mid-high tier campaign in a medieval/renaissance world.

Edited 1606310606
The war against the countless demons to the North has taken a heavy toll on the nations in the Borderlands; cracks have begun appearing in their defenses, as the tide of the bloodthirsty hordes continues to sweep over the Abyssal mountains and into Eithor. To the south, war is looming; Ironmaw has called the banners and the surrounding nations watch anxiously to see what comes next. To the east among the vast deserts of Zakhara, signs of a Great Evil approaching is high in the sky. The Knights of the West and the tradesmen East watch the events in the south unfold with concern - all while the Silver City does its best to prevent conflict, and the Dawnbringers continue their crusade against evil - Devils, demons, dragons alike. The horns of War have been sounded. Key points: I'm looking for 5 players (ages 18+) to join a new campaign of 5th ed D&D in a homebrew setting. Both new players and veterans are welcome- The group meets at 20:00 pm Central European Timezone on a day between Monday to Friday, which will be agreed upon together and will be using Roll20 (and Discord for voice/information/chatting between sessions) Serious roleplay, challenging combat with detailed maps and tokens. Mid to high tier campaign gameplay, starting at 5, with accelerated leveling early on. The game is intended to be run from level 5 to level 15 at least, all the way up to 20 being a possibility. This is a long-term campaign. 4-5 hours of dnd per session, a longer session once every month/second month, at no additional charge, when scheduling allows. Your IRL gender, sexuality, etc is of no concern, all are welcome as they are. DnDBeyond with all books unlocked for character creation and more. Will be playing in my homebrew medieval/renaissance High-Fantasy world This game will require payment to the Game Master at a rate of $25/session per person. Payments will be made via PayPal. Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements. Who I am Hello, I'm Martin, I'm 27. I've been DM'ing in TTRPs for 13 years, starting at quite a young age as a way to let my imaginations run loose. I'm a university student, doing my Masters in History and English. I like to run campaigns that are serious, with good roleplay and challenging combat; campaigns where the players get to feel like heroes through hard work and doing good deeds in the world. I'm very much a fan of 'traditional DnD' with Dungeons and Dragons being important to the world, and an open world with different storylines the party can follow.  I also stick around the Discord for a while post-session to discuss the game or anything, as a nice little chat. What I offer Reliability - will be ready every week, barring any emergencies. Availability - I will be around on Discord for any questions and the like you might have during the week, regarding characters, campaign or anything else. Experience - I have played Dungeons and Dragons for many years, and DM'ing for the vast majority of them. My campaign will include fantastic battlemaps from map creators for every scenario, tokens, lighting as well as voices for characters in the world. A homebrewed world and campaign, in a world full of wonders, mysteries, magic, intrigue and evil. The evil will take shape in Demons, Devils and Dragons, whom are the major villains in my world. DnDBeyond with all books unlocked for character creation and more. As far as the play setup Be playing 5th ed D&D, 90% RAW. Rule-of-cool allowed, if a player wants to do something not by the book, simply state what you'd like to do, and we'll figure out if it's possible - the dice will often decide. Point Buy, level 5 start. All official material + Unearthed Arcana are allowed. Few 'goodies' at character creation, such as magic item + 1 feat for free. 5th ed game variations Using milestone leveling. Character creation is 27 point buy. House rules are few, and none of them are big game-changers. What I expect of you Be respectful to others you're playing with Want to work as a team Love roleplaying and combat, and wish to take the roleplaying serious. OOC jokes and the like belong in the breaks or so, not when we're all in character and playing Have a good set of headphones/microphone - no background noise clutter Will show up weekly on time, communicate during downtime and respond to messages Feedback - something you like? something you dislike? something you wish to see? Please do tell me, so that I can improve your experience. I don't want any; Edgy characters / orphan-burning chaotic evil characters or 'murder hobo' ones PVP or people resorting to PVP to settle arguements in-character Unreliable people Any form of sexual play, this includes things such as trying to seduce everyone or visit brothels. It's a no  from me. How the game is run On Roll20 for battle maps, maps, tokens Discord for voice and messaging Pricing: This game will require payment to the Game Master at a rate of $25/session per person. Payments will be made via PayPal, prior to the start of every session. Session 0 is 5$, session 1 is 15$. Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements. How to join? Below is a google form to fill out, which will help make sure the group fits together, by aligning members up that share interests in the game and time availability. When you post your Discord tag, please make sure it's the correct one. Please fill out this form so I can find players that mesh well together Feel free to PM me for any questions.
I've been playing with this lad as a DM for a while now an it has been a blast, almost an honor honestly! His homebrew world is vivid and planned out; genuine effort and passion is put into it constantly. Martin knows what he is doing as a DM and never fails to captivate us as players and doesn't shy away from adding a few thing here and there to our characters to enhance the experience and excitement.  He is punctual, reliable and creates games that let you feel heroic  and immersed. An amazing DM!
Is someone not new to dnd but new to roll20 welcome?
Thank you for the kind words, Mizu! @Nicholas, Certainly! 
Got two spots left!
I've been playing with Ninjahund for over half a year now and every session is a blast! I would definitely recommend joining his newest campaign!
Hello! This is Nim, we talked over Discord just now. Also, it is very reassuring to see people speak highly of you!
Good to hear! Just need one more player, it's looking like Monday-Tuesday game so far : )
 Tuesday 20:00 is the confirmed time, still need one more for that!
I’m definitely down for this I’m highly interested 
Fill out the form in the post if interested my friend, and I'll be in contact! : )