Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Handouts cannot be reopened once you close them

This Bug is really annoying. You cannot reopen handouts once you close them. Steps to reproduce: - Create a Handout - Open said Handout - Close the Handout - Open it again Expected: Handout opens again, you can see it. Reality: NOTHING Happens. Workaround: RELOAD the Site in Browser! Happens on EVERY BROWSER, no matter if you use Edge, Firefox or Chrome!
I just tested and had no difficulties with handouts, either new or previously existing, open or opened in separate windows. Are you running any browser addons? I'm using Win 10 + Firefox with no addons.
I use separate windows for Handouts and Character Sheets. The only Extension I use is uMatrix which is completely disabled for Roll20. Also it is not only Handouts! When I am going to reopen Character Sheets, I only get to see the "EDIT" Button at the right corner. After clicking this button I have access to the character sheet again... Using latest Windows 10 (NO Insider) and latest Chrome / Firefox...
I have also this problem. When I open my notes ( extern window) and close it. and reopen it again i can't 
This is a common problems with handouts and character sheets opened in separate windows. Switch back to not open them in separate windows and the problem should go away.

Edited 1606328856
How can this be a common problem when it started with the latest Roll20 Updates? Before that I NEVER had this Problem... and I am on Roll20 for a few years now... And since this IS indeed a Problem (aka Bug) and since it IS really annoying especially when you have multiple Monitors and want to have Handouts etc. open on another Monitor...

Edited 1606330738
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It is common in the sense that it is affecting everyone—it has been reported in several threads and I know I have filed a  Help Center Request . It is a recent problem (last month or so). And yes, it is annoying.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Also, it appears to be a Chrome-related issue (a recent Chrome update broke a number of small but noticeable things). Firefox does not exhibit this behavior as of my last testing.
But Firefox is not as comfortable to use as Chrome... Especially when using ALT+Mousewheel to Zoom-in / out... Firefox has this Menu Bar appearing / disappearing every Time you hit the ALT-Key... and it runs not as smooth... I'd appreciate if the Devs find the time to fix this Bug...^^
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Understandable. Just pointing it out as a possible interim solution. Sometimes browser-caused bugs re harder to resolve. I too, would like this resolved. I get better performance on firefox, but frequently work from a Chromebook where this is not possible.