Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

5e template not working in new campaign

So as above, just recently started a new campaign and am trying to use/modify macros from another campaign since it makes life easier however whenever me or friends try to uses the macros (we made sure they were correct and even used the more simple ones as tests) nothing will display and we have done all the trouble shooting suggested on the forums,which includes things like clearing chat archive, making sure character sheet template is the same, checking browser, disabling extensions so on so forth and heres example of one of the scripts &{template:5eDefault} {{title=Roaring Slash}} {{attack_roll=1}}{{emote=Naoki cleaves your flesh }} {{attack=[[ ?{Attack Type|Standard, 1d20+11|Advantage, 2d20kh1+11|Disadvantage, 2d20kl1+11} ]]}} {{Roaring Glaive=[[1d10+7]]}} {{Lightning?=[Yes](!
#Roaring-Glaive-Lightning)}} {{Crit?=[Yes](!
#Roaring-Glaive-Crit)}} now we tested this in our other campaign and it works correctly, no issues, this macro calls upon two others and they were both present in both campaigns and didn't work in the new one but works correctly in the old one, both campaigns using 5e (shaped), any help would be much appreciated ^_^

Edited 1606196153
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That would be the expected output if you used a template which doesn't exist for the character sheet. Isn't the shaped sheet &{template:5e-shaped} ? I think 5eDefault is from the Community sheet, could be wrong though.
Oosh said: That would be the expected output if you used a template which doesn't exist for the character sheet. Isn't the shaped sheet &{template:5e-shaped} ? I think 5eDefault is from the Community sheet, could be wrong though. Possibly? but i doubt it'd cause trouble in only one campaign if that was the case since both campaigns have the exact same settings across the board so doubtful but /shrug i myself have no idea.

Edited 1606311913
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
both campaigns using 5e (shaped), any help would be much appreciated ^_^ Okay, does normal rolls from a sheet in the new game work? It sounds like the problem isn't with the roll templates, but with the macro itself. Double-check you named them exactly the same in both games, and try check a subsection of the macro at a time to narrow down where the problem is. Divide and conquer.
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
OK, but if you change the template to &{template:5e-shaped} and leave the rest of the macro as it is, does it work?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Yeah, &{template:5eDefault} is never going to work in a Shaped game, only the Community Sheet, which hasn't had an update in years.

Edited 1606464516
keithcurtis said: Yeah, &{template:5eDefault} is never going to work in a Shaped game, only the Community Sheet, which hasn't had an update in years. we had tried the community sheet but even there the macros weren't working correctly, but had found out why it wasn't working, the DM for the original campaign had been using shaped legacy, so an extremely old version of shaped on which the macros worked but had just said shaped assuming there wouldnt be much difference so the issue shall be resolved in about 2 weeks since i'll just gift my DM pro so we can add that template.
ᐰndreas J. said: It sounds like the problem isn't with the roll templates, but with the macro itself. Double-check you named them exactly the same in both games, and try check a subsection of the macro at a time to narrow down where the problem is. Divide and conquer. aha yea we'd tried the whole divide and conquer approach and its mainly the entire thing not being compatible with the templates which isnt hard to change to make it work but it was a matter of style preference and not wanting to have to redo ALL of our macros :/ and to answer your question prior we don't actually use the character sheets themselves, we use DnDbeyond for that