Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP][Paid][Homebrew][Mondays 9 PM EST] Mages of Alloris

Edited 1606441388
***For the Forums: This game is Pay to Play at a rate of $10USD a week via Venmo or PayPal  Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements.*** LFG POST PER RULES!!! Hello, Friends PJM here, or just Peyton if you would. I am a long time DM (5 years twice a week), with professional quality, homebrew campaigns. I plan for this campaign to be conducted in a similar fashion and of similar quality. I specialize in Homebrew settings out of a personal belief that modular play is a GREAT INSULT to what D&D could and should be. The sheer availability of options for the player in an open homebrew campaign is where I think D&D should be played. That being said - a quick note.  I am a parent and do request you respect that fact I may have to get up from time to time for a quick minute to attend to my children, my wife is often home and will help but my priority will always be them. You reside in the country of Ernstat - one of the last free standing kingdoms. The world has been infested with Quartz (Upper-charged mages that often explode and leave massive world changing craters). Only a few Countries are left standing and 5 have banded together to form the Empire of Ernstat. Safe behind their wall with constant monitoring of their residents magical power to maintain a quartz population of zero. The main this is done is by the "blacks" a small militant group controlled by the government. Some see it as a honorary profession and others are conscripted for years for minor crimes against the crowns. That's you - a "black" - or at least where we will be starting not necessarily the main focus of the campaign but it can be if we want it to be. The overall style of the campaign will be an early stage of dieselpunk with some Victorian influence. So think big, heavy machinery that is not quite up to date with our own. There is no planes or flight at all, no tanks or anything like that. But I want the entirety to have a feel of weight to it. I want it to be heavy. Most bows will probably be replaced with basic firearms or very machine heavy bows, but it will still be a very heavy magic/fantasy vibe as well. Most people will be magic users 9/10.  The world itself is in a constant state of change for some reason as if the planet itself is in a constant state of fast-forwarding through time. Day-night cycles are incredibly long sometimes lasting years; however, the physical rocks or plants themselves can change in a day or two. Whole mountains can be grown or destroyed in the manner of months. This is all due to an arcane imbalance of the world, or so it is believed, and many mages have worked to protect the kingdoms from these effects. In your application tell me about your favorite food. Keep It Simple Silly. Edited Notes: Sessions will be 3 to 4 hours, but no hard cut off points if combat requires. We will begin at level 1 and have no idea as far as length. It will be long-running. This is a new campaign. I'll leave it there for now as I like to craft with my party in mind. Application Name. (I told you my name, I will not call you by an alias or Username - let's be professional) Age Tell me about your D&D experiences: Tell me about your roll20 experiences: Tell me a little bit about yourself:
Name: Stiles Age: 25 D&D Experiences: I've been playing 5e for about two years. 5th Ed is my only experience with D&D and its been a good one. I've been playing in a couple long-term campaigns for over a year and a half as well. I started off playing full spellcasters and have been trying out different classes and discovering the joy of not having a ridiculous spell list. That being said, I have loved playing Clerics and Druids. I also tend to play non-PHB races. Genasi and Goliaths have a soft spot in my heart and I'm a non-believer in much of the source canon for races. I disagree a lot with races being inherently good or evil as a whole and try to break the mold when I play "monstrous" or non-PHB characters. My experiences have been positive thus far and the groups I'm in have been engaging and friendly, even when we're not playing. Roll20 Experiences: I've used Roll20 for almost as long as I've been playing 5e. I don't have a ton of experience with macros, but I'm comfortable with setting up my own sheets and using the compendium/adding non-compendium material. All of my user experience has been from a player perspective. About Me: I'm in my mid-20s, living in New Jersey (so EST time zone). My spouse and I both work full time so I use D&D as a stress reliever and a way to keep myself mentally healthy. My other interests include video games (RPGs, JRPGs mostly), anime, and otherwise just keeping largely to myself. I tended to be a homebody before COVID and that hasn't changed much in the last year. I also wasn't sure where to include this: the campaign I'm interested in playing is something that'll let me create a character and roleplay them out. Combat is fun but I've been trying to grow as a character writer and heavy RP-style campaigns are a great exercise I've found. My first characters were 1-pg briefs and I've slowly been trying to expand on that and provide me and the DM more material to pull from. I love seeing DMs incorporate character backstories and especially subverting expectations. It seems like this might be a good campaign to do that with based on what you've laid out. Favorite Food: My favorite food is ramen. Like good authentic Japanese ramen. Either that or pho. Warm, flavorful broth, meat, and noodles are all an amazing combo together, especially now that its getting colder in the NE. Hope that answers everything about me and I hope to hear from you! -S
Hi Peyton, I'm Doug. I'm an alc- wait this is the wrong group. I'm 33. I've been playing since college, 3.5 through 4e and now here we are. Bunch of other systems, too. I have a pretty decent grasp of the mechanics, I'm not always so studied on the lore. Homebrew and unique narratives are definitely my happy place. I'm a narrative driven in-character player and like to stick to the setting and the story. I hate the hardbacks to be frank. I'm actually becoming less of a fan of 5e over time as so much seems to come down to the diceroll and less to the narrative, so I'm curious if that's just the groups I've been playing in or the system itself. I'm willing to give a paid game a try to see if the extra investment is worth the return. I generally prefer systems like Forged in the Dark where skills are a little less discrete and the action moves in a more story fashion. I've been on Roll20 since 2013ish. Played a handful of campaigns, some more successful than others. I'm good with those mechanics mostly, too, macros, etc. If I haven't said enough about me, I'm into scifi, horror, don't mind mature content, appreciate unique social mechanics in games that make characters think... Otherwise just like to find a role to play. How long (duration) do you plan your sessions to be? How many sessions do you see the campaign being? Is there an extension or ongoing option for my(our) characters after this campaign (with you, assuming we all get along well enough to continue)? What kind of GM are you? Where do you fall on the sandbox to linear narrative spectrum? No wrong answers.
Douglas E. said: Hi Peyton, I'm Doug. I'm an alc- wait this is the wrong group. I'm 33. I've been playing since college, 3.5 through 4e and now here we are. Bunch of other systems, too. I have a pretty decent grasp of the mechanics, I'm not always so studied on the lore. Homebrew and unique narratives are definitely my happy place. I'm a narrative driven in-character player and like to stick to the setting and the story. I hate the hardbacks to be frank. I'm actually becoming less of a fan of 5e over time as so much seems to come down to the diceroll and less to the narrative, so I'm curious if that's just the groups I've been playing in or the system itself. I'm willing to give a paid game a try to see if the extra investment is worth the return. I generally prefer systems like Forged in the Dark where skills are a little less discrete and the action moves in a more story fashion. I've been on Roll20 since 2013ish. Played a handful of campaigns, some more successful than others. I'm good with those mechanics mostly, too, macros, etc. If I haven't said enough about me, I'm into scifi, horror, don't mind mature content, appreciate unique social mechanics in games that make characters think... Otherwise just like to find a role to play. How long (duration) do you plan your sessions to be? How many sessions do you see the campaign being? Is there an extension or ongoing option for my(our) characters after this campaign (with you, assuming we all get along well enough to continue)? What kind of GM are you? Where do you fall on the sandbox to linear narrative spectrum? No wrong answers. I have edited the post listing. To hopefully answer your questions.
Name: Jaelin S. Age: 19 D&D experience: I have no experience at all incept for watching and reading knowledge so this would be my first campaign but i have watched 6 years of 5e so i would say i know most of the mechanics. Roll20 experience: None at all. I am a newcomer to D&D but with that in mind i am a fast learner and would love to finally get into a campaign and enjoy your homebrewed world and would be honored to be in your game. I love anime and video games like mmos like swtor and first and third person shooter games like cod, apex, and halo.
Edit made to answer more questions.
Hi Peyton, I'm Dave R., 29 Years Old Tell me about your D&D experiences: I started playing in college and have played off and on since(4e, 5e, PF), usually a player, but I've DM's some as well. I like a bit of everything, but I'm a big fan of narrative driven games, political intrigue, and talking my way out of situations. As such, I usually play rogues and bards, but I'm really open to anything.  Tell me about your roll20 experiences: I've tinkered around with roll20, but I've never played a campaign with it before, everything has been in person, and then COVID… That being said, I'm a quick study.  Tell me a little bit about yourself: I live in Florida, but am originally from Maryland. My wife and I are in the Navy, so we move around a bit. I love meeting new people, and exploring new places, though nowadays it's more video games and reading (ahem...audiobooks).  As for favorite food, you'd be hard pressed to find something I don't like, but my go-to is white rice with a fried egg on top.  I'd love to be a part of your campaign!
Updated to add the current developed story.
Only a couple spots left