Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

$100-$150 Bounty. Challenging bespoke character sheet needed.

If someone with significant sheet making skill has time on their hands I'd like to hear from them. The sheet requires dice pools, a bunch of autocalc stuff, and some moving things between grids. Don't want to make it all public yet since I don't want to disappoint people if nothing ends up coming of this, but if someone thinks they can help I can go through everything with them. It's not super urgent, but if someone else can do it for me that will save me a lot of time upping my css/html game. Thanks
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I don't have time unfortunately, but I do want to give you a small reality check. Based on your description of what you're looking for, I would expect this to cost significantly more than you've mentioned, probably more like $1000-$1500, as it will likely take a significant amount of time. I could be wrong and what you want isn't actually a lot of work, but thought you should know.

Edited 1606247949
Thanks for the reply. I can't be sure either until I get started myself. I would hope for someone who knows what they are doing it would be maybe a couple of days work. I'm basing that on what it would take me in C#, but I realize html + CSS is a very different beast. I'll do some more research on the subject to go beyond basic layout (Which is as far as I've gone). I certainly don't have the budget for 1K+ at the moment so I might be wasting people's time if that turns out to be the scope of it. I hope it isn't though since I want to avoid JavaScript entirely if I can.  Still. first step if finding someone with the time and ability. I can definitely push the price a bit if it turns out to be trickier than my initial (very poor) understanding of what's involved. Not to 1K or anywhere near, but another $250 is certainly reasonable. TLDR: I'm an idiot and don't know what I'm doing yet, but thanks anyway. Should I delete this thread then and post again with a starting value of $400 dollars and lower expectations?
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
RadiationBurn said: I hope it isn't though since I want to avoid JavaScript entirely if I can.  I just thought I would address this.  If you want your sheet to calculate things (especially if it is a lot of things), javascript sheetworkers are the way to go.  You knowing how to do it all up front isn't necessary.  There are several people around the forums that are pretty good at that sort of thing.  There are also a lot of sheets that you can use for reference.  If you find a sheet that does the same or similar thing, just find the sheetworker(s) that provide that function and modify it for your sheet.  If you get stuck, throw it on the forums (with the relevant html that it is watching/modifying) and someone will likely tell you how to make it work, rewrite the whole thing so that it works more efficient, and maybe how to combine multiple sheetworkers depending on what you are trying to do. I know my simple little sheets wouldn't be nearly as functional without all the help I got on this forum.  If you are money poor, but have some time, you might just want to give it a go yourself.  If there is an existing sheet that is at all similar to what you want, then you can start from that and modify it to your satisfaction, possibly cutting out a lot of time.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I'm personally of the opinion that a thread made in good faith should never be deleted. There's always someone else with the same question. As for reassessing your complexity, even though I can't take the job on myself I'd be happy to discuss what you're trying to do with you and advise on what the scope might be. One thing I'll say right off the bat, and regardless of your goal, is that you do NOT want the sheet to be based on autocalcs. Autocalc is only still available as a legacy piece of tech so that older sheets from before sheetworkers don't break. Sheetworkers (aka Roll20 specific javascript) are faster, more powerful, and easier and quicker to code. PM me if you want to set up a time to chat about scope and what's possible/advisable.
Thanks for the input Kraynic. My skillset is pretty lacking on the CSS and HTML fronts these days. All I do is tweak bits on my website and let wordpress do most of the heavy lifting, but Roll20 character sheets peaked my interest.  Roll20 was just a nice thing I thought I would add for fun. Most of my current time is spent sculpting and 3d printing at the moment so I haven't had much time to dabble in the digital side of ttrpgs. Ideally I would like to learn it all myself because it's interesting, but If I'm realistic, even spending $4-500 would probably be a better investment than actually learning to do it all myself, if less satisfying. I do appreciate your ideas and I will no doubt ask for more help, but If I'm going to do it myself I feel it's only polite that I go off and do some solid reading and experimentation first before coming back and asking help on specifics.
That would be a good help Scott. All I've done so far is look at the code for a few sheets (some nice and straightforward to understand, and others beyond my current skill level), and I play CoC 7e on Sundays with a group so that is the only character sheet I've spent much time with as a player. I will definitely get in touch in the next couple of days to organize a chat. Just need to sort something out on the schedule that suits you since I'm on UK time.
What system does this use?  Is this a new, unpublished system or something based off a system already on Roll20?
Hi Coal powered Puppet. It's a new unpublished system. Still uses dice and numbers of course. It's just not based on an existing system I'm afraid.