Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How to create an obscured/foggy area using dynamic lighting?

Currently using updated dynamic lighting. I have a cave map where I want to represent a fog that creates a heavily obscured atmosphere, where visibility is limited to 45ft. I have global illumination turned on, as the cave is lit by torches giving dim light and I didn't want to place a bunch of torches manually. Is there a way to create this effect with dynamic lighting? The only way I've found is to turn off global illumination and give each of the PC tokens 45ft. darkvision, but I'm wondering if there is a better way to do this? thanks in advance!
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
What you've listed is precisely the method I was going to suggest.
Cool. Still open to suggestions in case there are better ways, but will continue to use darkvision in the meantime.