Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Is it possible to insert script/dice roll/macro calls within a Rolltable Item?

Edited 1606242931
Greetings everyone! So the question is in the title... To ask it another way : is it possible to have something else than strings of characters within a rolltable item? For example, a random encounter table? Item 1 - 2d4 Goblins Item 2 - 3d6 Kobolds ... and Roll20 will do the rolling? Thanks!

Edited 1606249847
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Unfortunately, this is only possible via the API (requires the game's creator to be a pro subscriber). Aaron has a script called recursive tables that allows this to happen.
Thanks! So if I understand correctly, if I want to implement some logical operators in "macros", create dynamic encounter tables and such other endevour, I need tu upgrade my subscription to Pro, because the "basic" macros and rolltables are simply not designed to do such things (for it is not their functions). Am I correct?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
That's correct. There is some stretch that you can do with some stupid tricks (check the stupid tricks thread for details), but they aren't really feasible with doing rolls within rollable table results.
Thanks for your sharing!