Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Spellbook

I use the 5e Shaped Sheet, is it possible to have a Macro that will allow me to click a button, and cast my spells without having to open the sheet? 

Edited 1606248470
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Does the game creator have a pro account (I notice you do, but don't know if this is in your games or not)?&nbsp; If so, you might want to check out the Universal Chat Menu script, which can be found in the api forum.&nbsp; It would take some setup, since it can be set up to work with any sheet.&nbsp; There are examples throughout the thread, but I'm not sure if there are any for 5E Shaped.&nbsp; There probably is a way to do it manually without the script, so maybe someone with experience with that sheet will post. Edit: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7474530/script-call-for-testers-universal-chat-menus/?pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7474530/script-call-for-testers-universal-chat-menus/?pagenum=1</a>
With effort, you could capture all of the macros and make a chat menu "spell book". I generally do this for combat spells to avoid opening the sheet, but it takes some time.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I believe the shaped sheet should already make chat menu macros for spellbook, attacks, skills, etc.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Scott is right:
Ohh! Thank you! I didn't realise that was a thing lol
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You can also drag any of those buttons down into your macro quickbar. I would only suggest this for players, who typically only deal with one character.