Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Dragging a character from the journal to a map doesn't link properly

So as shown here, I have a character in the journal with an associated token. In order to set the token, I had dragged an item from from the art library on to the map, and while it was selected, clicked use as token. This all seems to work fine up to this point. Later, after I drag the character from the journal to any map, the correct token appears but it is not linked to the character. Am I doing something wrong here? If I drag a character without a token it seems to link correctly. I am using Firefox v83.0 on macOS v10.15.7 with the following modules along with updated lighting: Eberron: Rising from the Last War Addon Tasha's Cauldron of Everything Puzzle Addon
You need to link the token to the character sheet (along with making any other settings to the token) then save it as the default token for the sheet. Any changes made to the token on the tabletop will not be saved to the default token until you open the sheet, remove the current default token, and save the updated token as the new default token.
Rabulias said: You need to link the token to the character sheet (along with making any other settings to the token) then save it as the default token for the sheet. Any changes made to the token on the tabletop will not be saved to the default token until you open the sheet, remove the current default token, and save the updated token as the new default token. Thanks for the reply, it is working now!