Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition

Edited 1606374642
I am looking to start running Call of Cthulhu at a rate of one investigation per month, looking to play the 1st, probably 2nd, and possibly 3rd of the day selected until the adventure is finished. I am open to any day except Sunday, which is my day as a player. This would be episodic play, though characters may be carried from one to the other. I would expect people to make all sessions for their adventure*, but it would be open month to month to opt in or out of that investigation. Since I think three is the minimum number for viable play, I am trying to get at least three players who can commit to a given time and day of the week, so with that set I can set up a game and hopefully draw in more. I'll be looking to have 3-8 players, though expecting that drop outs and schedule conflicts probably will keep us from going over six at a time. * - Real life emergencies and tech issues happen. I'm not going to boot someone over missing a session for reasons, so long as there is communication. This is a statement of expectation, not a law. I expect to draw from the scenarios in the 5th edition rules, in the 7th edition Keeper's guide, included with the GM screen, and from Dead Light (won a free PDF). If you are interested, please respond with a little about yourself and what times/days you are available. I am in California, but am pretty flexible on times and days, except for Sunday bit noted above. If you have questions, ask them. I am willing to take new or experienced role-players and new or experienced Roll20 users. I expect to use Roll20 with Discord for audio. Edit: I should also state that you may join even if you do not own CoC 7th Edition. I will have pregens available (though anyone who wants to create their own character can do so; we'll schedule a time before start of play), and you can learn the rules as you go. You should have the understanding that this is an investigative/horror genre game, so approaching it like D&D will get you killed (or insane) very quickly.
I am interested my discord is sporefiend#2938
Hello, sporefiend! Just to have all the info in thread, I'm going to go ahead and list your preferred time window here: Monday Thursday and Saturday. times starting at 1pm-6pm. MST. Might prompt someone to recognize overlapping available and opt in.
ok. I have a few others that may be interested depending on the time and day.
Hi! I'd be interested as well. Newcomer to tabletop gaming though, just starting getting into D&D 5e and Call of Cthulhu. I had one (one-on-one) session each, D&D as a player (using Roll20), CoC as a GM. I can play between 11am and 4pm MST on weekdays, a little longer on the weekends. Any day of the week would be fine.
Well, doesn't look like I'm getting any more responses. Sporefiend, could you get those others to check in on this thread and state when they're available? Then I can work out a time and day and create the game, invite those who've posted to the game, and see if I can get a few more to sign on with a schedule set.

Edited 1607557995
Actually if there is room I'd like to take a shot at a COC game.  Depending on the schedule, compatibility, and so on. Oh and is this classic (1920-30's) setting, Delta Green/X-Files era, or ?  I'm on Pacific Time. Mondays afternoon-evenings would be best but if another day works for everyone else don't let me be the lone holdout.  I've got a lot of medical stuff going on so may have to duck out unexpectedly anyway. :) 
ok. i will l tell them.
Rerednaw said: Actually if there is room I'd like to take a shot at a COC game.  Depending on the schedule, compatibility, and so on. Oh and is this classic (1920-30's) setting, Delta Green/X-Files era, or ?  I'm on Pacific Time. Mondays afternoon-evenings would be best but if another day works for everyone else don't let me be the lone holdout.  I've got a lot of medical stuff going on so may have to duck out unexpectedly anyway. :)  All of the scenarios I'm looking at using right now are 1920s, but we might mix it up a bit at some point. I do have Down Darker Trails coming, so Western Horror might be an option at some point. So far Monday seems to be working for everyone. 1-4 pm MST would be 20-23 GMT or noon-3pm PST. Probably a bit late to get any Europeans, but workable for me.
monday at 1pm mst works for me.  i found someone who wants to play.
I am here and willing to learn the game with my friend sporefiend
  Hi Dan, I was wondering if you were still looking for a another player for your game, if you are I would be interested in joining. I have about two years of experience playing DND 5E, but have had limited experience with other TTRPGs, I also don’t have a lot of experience with Roll20. The current time planned works for me, it’s in the morning as I’m in Australia but I work most afternoon so this suits me well.
Barring medical stuff, that time slot is perfectly fine for me as well.  Dan H. said: Rerednaw said: Actually if there is room I'd like to take a shot at a COC game.  Depending on the schedule, compatibility, and so on. Oh and is this classic (1920-30's) setting, Delta Green/X-Files era, or ?  I'm on Pacific Time. Mondays afternoon-evenings would be best but if another day works for everyone else don't let me be the lone holdout.  I've got a lot of medical stuff going on so may have to duck out unexpectedly anyway. :)  All of the scenarios I'm looking at using right now are 1920s, but we might mix it up a bit at some point. I do have Down Darker Trails coming, so Western Horror might be an option at some point. So far Monday seems to be working for everyone. 1-4 pm MST would be 20-23 GMT or noon-3pm PST. Probably a bit late to get any Europeans, but workable for me.

Edited 1607668372
Okay, I'm setting up the game (under the title Dreadful Circumstances) and will send invites soon. December Mondays will be available for character creation if you want to make your own or go over the available pre-gens. This will give me time to assemble assets and be ready to play in January.