Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Quota Exceeded Question

Edited 1606348303
DEF
Pro
I have a couple of games on my Pro account.  In one game I am not the GM.  In that game, sometimes when the GM (who only has a free account) tries to upload something they get the quota exceeded message even though the game is on my account and my quota is not near being exceeded (361MB / 6144MB).  Does roll20 track quota by user or by whose account the game is tied to?  If the former, that seems like bad design, more or less putting the onus on a GM to purchase a higher level account. 
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Art library is tied to individual's account. If they upload it goes into their account quota not yours.
Got it - that's too bad.  Thanks for your answer though!  :)
Gold
Forum Champion
That's right. Some workarounds to be aware, anything purchased from Roll20 Marketplace (and drag-dropped from the purchases in roll20, not downloading then uploading), will not count against the quota (anyone's quota). Those images are served from Roll20's account, not coming out of the user's upload quota space. Smart use of purchases in Roll20 Marketplace, such as a couple packs of large reusable multi-purpose maps, or a pack that has many/most monsters you'd be using, could be a real space-saver. Sound / Audio uploads usually take up the most space, if your friend the Free GM has ever uploaded a song or sound. Deleting just 1 sound can free up enough quota room for 10 more graphics. Your friend could email the art (JPG, PNG, GIF) to you, and you drag-drop it onto the tabletop (in GM mode, in a game you created). So then that art goes in your library and against your quota, but once you dropped it on a Page, the promoted co-GM can manipulate that graphic, such as resizing, rotate, or move around the page to set up for games. Or, last, yeah, your friend Upgrade to Plus or Pro subscription, getting higher quota. Also other people can GIFT the subscription to the Free GM.