Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Default grid settings

Edited 1606398829
Hello ! Is there a way to change the default grid settings so you don't have to change them every time you create a new map ? I always have to change from 4E grid calculations to 3.5, put the feet in meter, set the square value to 1.5, and enable "dynamic lighting barrier restrict movement" It's may only be a few clicks, but they add up in multiple campaigns and sessions, and feel like they could be unnecessary. So is there a general account setting or a campaign default setting i can tweak somewhere, or am i condemned to click these every time forever ?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
You can set the default on the Game Details Page in the Game Default Settings section under Page Defaults.
Yes ! Thank you ! I can't find the "dynamic lighting barrier restrict movement" though. In game it's weirdly not in the "dynamic lighting" section, and in the settings it's nowhere to be found ?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Ah, that is missing, it appears.  I sent a note about it to the Devs.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Ok, I chatted with one of the Devs.  It's on the defaults page, but it's not obvious where it is because of the ongoing transition from LDL to UDL. You need to enable Dynamic Lighting (LDL) on the Page defaults, then turn on Restrict Movement, then disable Dynamic Lighting (LDL).  Then go re-enable UDL and set it to the defaults you want and save the settings. Not ideal, but at least you only need to do it once.  It should get polished up in a future update.

Edited 1606412841
Thanks a lot for the extremely clear tutorial image ! That's some rare dedication to helping your fellow roleplayers ! It seems to be like that because it's still linked to the legacy settings, if i'm not mistaken.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I'm all about the rare dedication. =D They both use the same flag for blocking movement, so enabling it will still work for UDL, it's just not ideally placed during the transition.