Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Neotech 2 Custom sheet feedbak

Edited 1606638593
Hi everyone, first time poster here. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/join/8867835/V8mJWA" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/join/8867835/V8mJWA</a> Currently developing a little character sheet along with associated API and looking for feedback. It is based on the Neotech system, which is a Swedish system using explosive dice (roll d6, and each 6 is replaced by two new dice). As such, it kind of requires API to function properly. I want it to be easy to use (since the system is quite complicated by itself I want to use the API to avoid having to look up tables all the time, or explain finer details of the rules to the players all the time, etc.) Naturally, the players will get a few journal entries that explain the underlying mechanics, but I don't think it should be necessary to know the details to play.&nbsp; TODO: Health Trauma Pain Psychosis Exhaustion Wounds TODO: Shotguns TODO: Equipment TODO: Ammo TODO: Explosives TODO: API for skills TODO: API for shooting handguns and rifles Single shot Double shot Burst Automatic fire TODO: API for shooting shotguns TODO: API for damage Projectile damage Cutting damage Crushing damage Explosive damage TODO: API for ammo TODO: API for explosives TODO: API for melee TODO: API for initiative TODO: Cybertech TODO: Drugs and buffs TODO: Cyberspace TODO: Character creation (70% completed) TODO: Armor (20% completed) TODO: Melee weapons TODO: Actions tracker (50% completed) TODO: Redo shotguns so they are true to game.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Looking good!&nbsp; Will you submit this to roll20's github repo?Are you using sheetworkers and the API for this or only sheetworkers?&nbsp; I ask since sheets that require an API script to function will limit the sheet to Pro creators only.&nbsp; Not sure if that matters if this will only be a private sheet.&nbsp; Just something to consider.
Vince, sadly I can't submit it to the repository since it doesn't fulfill the roll20 requirements.&nbsp; "Character Sheets must be standalone by default. All basic sheet functionality must be usable without external requirements such as images or fonts hosted outside Roll20, and API companion scripts." The sheet is built with API as an integral part of it, to make it easy and convenient to use.&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;
Not to mention that I include character creation, lots of different guns and stuff, as a part of the character sheet, which is fine for private use but if I throw it up in the repository, then there are copyright issues.&nbsp;

Edited 1606441603
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Gotcha. AFAIK, you still might be able to share your code on the repo for others to use in their custom coded games.&nbsp; I'm sure people that are familiar with the system would love the option. ;-)
True true. I could always... decontaminate the code and then just release the API as an optional (but not mandatory) companion script. Fooled around a bit with transition effects just now and I think it looks nice and snappy.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Changed the styling of the add and modify buttons to be more... discrete and in line with the rest of the character sheet.&nbsp;