Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Need Help with Character Sheet I'm making

So I'm brand new to making a character sheet and everything is actually going surprisingly well. Like, I FINALLY figured out how to make a roll button that draws from different things in the sheet. Anyways, I saved my work so I could get back to it the next day and when I did, 2/3 of my character sheet was gone and I couldn't figured out why. Until, I copy and pasted my sheet code into Roll20's custom character sheet thing in game settings and I noticed a lot of things that were pink are now white.  On the left is the Sublime Text editor I use and on the right is Roll20, both CSS. Can you spot the difference? Doesn't seem like HTML has been affected but, to be honest, I haven't really gone over that yet cause I'm really bummed about this.  Any help regarding this would be very much appreciated.

Edited 1606464757
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
The color difference might just be how sublime is setup(most editors allow color coding themes) vs roll20's default color theme.  That said, a sudden color shift in roll20's editor part way through the code can indicate an issue was detected. Is there 1655 lines of css above what you posted?
Richard T.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
And I was impressed with my 1400 lines of CSS...
Sublime and Roll20 matched perfectly yesterday and yes, there is more above what I posted, this screenshot just showed the most differences. It isn't happening just in the screenshot, though. Most, if not all span, input, div, are now white along with other things throughout the css when I copy and pasted it into Roll20's editor.
Richard T. said: And I was impressed with my 1400 lines of CSS... You should be, 90% my CSS lines are poached from github lol I'm just excited that I got a button to work.

Edited 1606467596
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
There may be an issue further up in the css.  If sublime isn't showing any errors in the css or html, you might check out of the editor for unclosed tags in the html, and check the css with css.lint  or similar.   Have you tried using roll20's custom sheet sandbox option?  Much faster than the old editor copy/paste method and less room for errors. 
I was using the custom sheet sandbox originally. Everything was fine all the way up until I saved. At the time, I had been working on HTML not CSS. I saved and when I came back 2 out of 3 of the character sheet tabs wouldn't appear. I couldn't figure out what was wrong and that was when I went to the game settings, copy and pasted my codes as a custom character sheet, and noticed Roll20 wasn't recognizing them. I can understand there being something wrong further up in the CSS but with the entire CSS which I wasn't even working on at the time being okay one day and not okay the next? I'll definitely check out the CSS for any unclosed tags, though. I hope that's all it is but I don't think so.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
You might post a link to your code so someone else can check if the issue persists for others.  Roll20 can just be wonky sometimes.
Just ran it through CSS Lint and it found 0 errors and 71 warnings but I assume most of those warnings aren't anything to be too worried about. One was Values of 0 shouldn't have specified units but that was from the original code that I got from github.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
the warning might have the solution, read them
Well, I guess Roll20 is just wonky. I got tired of trying to find something wrong so I left it, came back a few hours later, and now it's working...Don't get me wrong, I'm relieved it's working but I was so close to just throwing in the towel. However, thanks everyone for trying to help. I was a little hesitant to ask for help but glad to know I can if I get stumped.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Answer: "Roll20 is just wonky", sometimes... ;-P