Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Blood hunter and other custom class possibilities?

Hi! I was really hoping to find a way to make bloodhunter a real possibility when I bought the explorer's guide to wildemount using the charactermancer but I was very disappointed when I noticed it isn't available. Sure, the statblock for a blood hunter NPC is available and useful when I want to use said NPC, but is there any way or any purchasable material to make a blood hunter build more streamlined? I know it isn't "official" material, but it is as official as dunamancy or chonurgy is and able to be used for charactermancer for those builds. I would like to offer it to players who are still getting used to the system here in roll20. Without the problem of having to have to manually change everything, I do think the possibility of adding in a way to make a custom class that has it's own set of subclasses you can add and save the whole class under it's name would be VERY beneficial, even if you have a limited amount of them able to be saved. But that is just me throwing out ideas. Just spend some time allocating what the custom class gets and what levels, and then save it all down. That way it is usable repeatedly and you don't have to manually enter it in EVERY time someone levels up.
The suggestion for a custom Compendium has been in the Suggestions forum for a couple of years now and it's still marked as obstructed, so I wouldn't hold my breath. While it's one of the most requested features I doubt something like this will be possible on Roll20 anytime soon. I made a Handout for my player where I copied the whole classtext from the PDF, rebuild all the tables etc. from the Bloodhunter(2020) PDF from DMsguild, and if any of my players wants to play a bloodhunter they'll have to manually manage their Character. Apart from that you should always doublecheck the Charactermancer anyway, as I noticed it is not terribly reliable.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
This is what you're talking about: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Custom_Compendium" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Custom_Compendium</a>
okay, well yeah it makes sense they are working on certain projects more, but it is a popular request and I do hope the developers of of roll 20 will be able to make time for such a great addition to their platform!