Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Add HTML tags DETAILS and SUMMARY to whitelist for both character sheets and chat formatting

Score + 40
timmaugh
Pro
API Scripter
I'm hoping this is on the order of a quick-fix. While there are a half-dozen or so ways to provide collapsible HTML content, most require either javascript or the kind of CSS that can't be declared in-line. The HTML tags Details and Summary are&nbsp; HTML-only &nbsp;ways of providing collapsible content structures. DETAILS: &nbsp; <a href="https://www.w3schools.com/tags/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml5_details" rel="nofollow">https://www.w3schools.com/tags/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml5_details</a> SUMMARY:&nbsp; <a href="https://www.w3schools.com/tags/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml5_summary" rel="nofollow">https://www.w3schools.com/tags/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml5_summary</a> As far as character sheets, I will let a character-sheet guru speak to the benefits, but I know that these tags can make building character sheet structures more straightforward. For API output to the chat, having collapsible structures has&nbsp; countless&nbsp; applications all around the basic idea of not cluttering the chat window. ...extra information about a spell or ability ...saving throw information ...let a menu collapse to section headers ...provide a breakdown of components building the output result ...and more... If you're reading this and think you'd like it, too, chime in with other uses you might put this to!
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
TokenMod's help with collapsed sections would be a heck of a lot more approachable... =D
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I'm on board.&nbsp; Most sheets use loads of css and hidden attributes to hide and show sheet elements.&nbsp; This would definitely be beneficial for sheet authors.
Vote +1
Vote +1
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Interesting idea, timmaugh. I'll throw a vote at it!
+1
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Done. I had to steal a vote from another suggestion to do it, but it was a suggestion that is currently being developed. There is a lot of potential here.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Oddly enough I had a free vote to give out. These would indeed be great for both Char Sheets and APIs.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I've brought this is up in the past ( Special tags for sheet and API author suggestions? )... but maybe someone from the roll20 team can tag this suggestion with the "Character Sheets" or "API" flair since many of the api script and sheet author suggestions fail to get enough votes to gain much attention.
This would be amazing! I already accidentally used it on my sheet without realizing it would be stripped away. If it got whitelisted it would save me a lot of time and help me add more contextual information to my character sheets!
timmaugh
Pro
API Scripter
Not sure if this even would require whatever normal, stringent testing protocols would be in place for new feature roll-outs. I have to imagine it is a low-effort lift with little-to-no maintenance going forward.
I have tagged this post with an API Tag currently. Thank you everyone!

Edited 1609979429
Gold
Forum Champion
Drespar said: I have tagged this post with an API Tag currently. Thank you everyone! Has more to do with Character Sheets, which is another existing available Suggestions Tag that Roll20 Team could apply to this. Seeing-as how Character Sheets benefit the entire user-base, and the esoteric API part of this request only impacts PRO customers, what led you to choose the API tag alone for this?

Edited 1609995518
Yes, the Character Sheets category would be a better fit, even if the end result is the same.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
I agree, the "Character Sheet" tag would be more accurate for this suggestion than "API".
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
ᐰndreas J. said: I agree, the "Character Sheet" tag would be more accurate for this suggestion than "API". That sounds like a suggestion ᐰndreas.&nbsp; ;-P
Peter B.
Pro
Sheet Author
Great suggestion. You got my +1 The more tools we get to write HTML, the better the Character Sheets will be of!
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
This is now on dev for testing!
timmaugh
Pro
API Scripter
It's on the dev server for character sheets... not sure about the chat/api output piece.
+1
+1