Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Non-light-blocking movement barriers!!

How is this not a thing? What? What is the problem? Solve this. It should take you 20 minutes and a couple of bong rips.
Try Door Knocker by Scott C. Using this API script you can set windows which are walls that light goes through.

Edited 1609539233
You may want to cancel your vote here and add it (and your comments!) to this suggestion instead: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1242655/dynamic-lighting-one-sided-dynamic-lighting/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1242655/dynamic-lighting-one-sided-dynamic-lighting/</a> which already has (at the time of this post) 622 votes. KoS, note that Waargrin is only a Plus subscriber, and would only have access to API scripts in a game whose creator has an active Pro subscription.
Rabulias, that link goes to a discussion about 1-sided Dynamic lighting, not what I am asking for. I want a way to prevent PCs from moving through a barrier, but still allow them to see through it. I don't think those are the same. Is there a thread that addresses the thing I am talking about? Maybe you just mislinked?
You can set the page to block movement with the dynamic lighting lines but keep UDL and LDL off (ie not use Dynamic lighting). But it's all or nothing so if you want something like windows that block movement but not sight in walls that block everything, that cannot be done.
Hey Doug, I didn't really understand what you meant. I can use the lines to block movement and not light, but only if i don't want to use Dynamic Lighting on my map? Sadly, that's not going to solve my problem, as I use DL a lot. Thanks for the suggestion, though.
You can just draw ovals.&nbsp; Those do what you want. But that really seems like more of a bug or performance conceit that an actual intended feature.
Waargrin said: Rabulias, that link goes to a discussion about 1-sided Dynamic lighting, not what I am asking for. I want a way to prevent PCs from moving through a barrier, but still allow them to see through it. I don't think those are the same. The title is a bit misleading, but that thread has become a place for many related dynamic lighting (DL) suggestions, including DL lines that block movement but do not block vision. If you read through the thread you will see it brought up a number of times, and is probably the best place to vote for and talk about it.
[Deleted]
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .