Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Sound Tokens

A token just for sound with a play/pause looping etc similar to how animated tokens work...but with audio. (much easier than the jukebox.) In addition, have these 3d spatialise or just 2d. (for anyone who codes/uses Unity etc you know how this works) Setup distance similar to how the dynamic lighting token works and then depending on how far away a player is the loudness etc increases (if its looping / ambient) , and if the token rotates similar to the lighting, you can tell if its in the left or the right. Im a coder, so forgive me if im not explaining it in easier terms. Im basically thinking how to implement and code it. I just find the jukebox way to fiddly and annoying and for immersion, having sounds in places fir characters to listen in to etc or add a sense of something coming it would be pretty cool to have it integrated into roll20.
I would add to this a rudimentary "if this, then that" type of functionality to tokens where the trigger is most type of actions you can take with a token and the result being the playing of an audio file from the jukebox that the dm binds to that action. for example, if I move a token with the arrow key, the sound of a footstep that I have specified from my jukebox library plays. if I subtract hit points from a token, that triggers a sound of pain. If I cast a spell, a spell effect sound plays, and so on. this would probably require adding a sound tab to the token setting menu. this tab would have a box with a plus sign on it were after clicking a line with two boxes with drop down menus appear, one being the trigger action, the other being the sound and a checkbox next to it in case a dm wants to turn it off and on without deleting it. probably also a check box for if the dm wants sounds to play only when the dm makes the action rather than the players in case they decide to get annoying with it.
+1
+1
Evan B. said: I would add to this a rudimentary "if this, then that" type of functionality to tokens where the trigger is most type of actions you can take with a token and the result being the playing of an audio file from the jukebox that the dm binds to that action. for example, if I move a token with the arrow key, the sound of a footstep that I have specified from my jukebox library plays. if I subtract hit points from a token, that triggers a sound of pain. If I cast a spell, a spell effect sound plays, and so on. this would probably require adding a sound tab to the token setting menu. this tab would have a box with a plus sign on it were after clicking a line with two boxes with drop down menus appear, one being the trigger action, the other being the sound and a checkbox next to it in case a dm wants to turn it off and on without deleting it. probably also a check box for if the dm wants sounds to play only when the dm makes the action rather than the players in case they decide to get annoying with it. Yeah deffo. This would be even more immersive. Due to filesize of sounds etc i wouldnt even mind this being a plus/pro. It would also open the market up to audio composers (id be down) for crafting sound packs.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .