Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .

The new D&D 2024 sheet is now available!

Create a free account

Whisper Query for GroupCheck Macro?

Edited 1609886237
Hello, potentially quick question for the scripters and macro wizards out there.  I am curious if it is possible to have GroupCheck prompt a whisper/public query, like I know it can for Advantage/Disadvantage, etc.  Currently, I have two macros borrowed from one that I had seen discussed in the forums, one for whispering and one for not, by excluding the second line of the following macro. !group-check {{ --whisper --?{Ability Save|Strength,Strength Save|Dexterity,Dexterity Save|Constitution,Constitution Save|Intelligence,Intelligence Save|Wisdom,Wisdom Save|Charisma,Charisma Save} --ro ?{Roll Type|Normal,roll1|Advantage,adv|Disadvantage,dis} --process --subheader vs DC ?{DC} --button ApplyDamage !apply-damage ~dmg [[?{Damage|0}]] ~type ?{Damage on Save|Half,half|None,none} ~DC ?{DC} ~saves RESULTS(,) ~ids IDS(,) ~status ?{Status| None, | Red,red| Blue,blue| Green,green| Orange,orange| Purple,purple| Pink,pink| Yellow,yellow| ―, | Concentrating,blue| Readying,stopwatch| ―, | Prone,back-pain| Restrained,fishing-net| Grappled,grab| ―, | Incapacitated,interdiction| Stunned,pummeled| Unconscious,sleepy| ―, | Charmed,chained-heart| Frightened,screaming| ―, | Poisoned,half-heart| Blinded,bleeding-eye| Deafened,lightning-helix| Paralyzed,padlock| Petrified,broken-skull| ―, | Dodging,bolt-shield| Cover (half),broken-shield:2| Cover (three-quarters),broken-shield:5| Cover (full),white-tower| Invisible,ninja-mask| ―, } }} The macros work exactly as I saw discussed (with help from ApplyDamage.js), but is there a line of code I could replace --whisper with in order to have the macro query for Whisper/Public like it queries for everything else? I'm trying to keep my hotbar as streamlined as possible.  Thanks in advance! All this stuff is mind-boggling to me, I'm no coder/scripter, but I can copy/paste! :D

Edited 1609886614
Jordan C.
Pro
API Scripter
A basic query here should work, so you can replace the whole line for "--whisper" with: ?{Whisper?|--whisper|--public} Basically everything that gets sent to chat is a literal string and a query like ?{ Question | Answer A | Answer B } will end up as a literal string of whichever option is picked. There is an optional argument in the Answer sections which is separated by a comma. The second argument would be the result sent while the first remains the label for the answer.  So if you did  ?{Whisper?|Yes,--whisper|No,--public} You would get yes or no as the label of the options and the results would be identical to the option above. Minor note that even though the query is not the first thing written it is still asked and answered before the whole string is sent which is why this works. 

Edited 1609887023
Excellent! I think I will opt to label it as follows: ?{Whisper?|Whisper,--whisper|Public,--public} I greatly appreciate the assistance Jordan! Update: Works Perfectly!
Jordan C.
Pro
API Scripter
Glad to help!