Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Audio: dramatic quality of life improvements

The Jukebox is for the most part a powerful tool to help us in telling a story and adding much needed atmosphere to enhance our games, but it is far from perfect. Hopefully my post will generate some views and like minds who can respond in agreement or with their own ideas below. In the interest of making the jukebox a more robust and versatile tool for those of us using it, here are some of my suggestions about how the folks working to improve roll20 may do so: I would like to be able to bind certain audio tracks to tokens or places on the map space. I know you can already set a track or playlist to play when changing maps, but if lets say a player was to open a door, I would like to have a sound bound nearby on the gm layer that with the click of a button my players will hear a door opening and I don't have to scroll through a sound library to find the right sound. OR perhaps you can turn on and off certain barriers on the lighting layer and bind a sound to it being turned on and off. that last one seems a bit situational, I know but seeing as how we can bind tracks to changing the maps, being able to do so with other things doesn't seem like a big ask. I would also like the ability to have certain playlists enabled for certain maps. I have quite the extensive sound library now and If I need sounds for a blacksmith because I made a map of a blacksmith's shop, I only need the relevant sounds and not the rest. This would be solved by adding the ability to bind certain tracks or playlists to certain individual maps. but as things stand you can only dictate what playlists are attached to the game as a whole. Also, much like how the art library, journal, and compendium each have a search bar function, the jukebox may also benefit from one. I know the ability to search exists when you click "manage audio" but its an additional cumbersome and unnecessary step to just finding what I need quick.  I'm sure there is a way to do all this with scripts or macros, but for those of us less savy in their use, a simple user friendly way to do all this would improve overall usability of the jukebox. 
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .