Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Can't drag and drop some monsters.

Edited 1610491288
I am putting together a dungeon and I can't drag and drop some monsters from the monster manual onto the map. (have purchased the MM from the Marketplace).   Some monsters, like goblins, work just fine, but others, like the Nothic, won't drag and drop at all.   I had to go into Curse of Strahd to find a wolf marker that would drag and drop.  I've tried grabbing the icon, the name, and even opening the monster and pulling the token  from there, but nothing works. Anyone know how to fix this?
If you already have an entry in your journal titled "Nothic" try renaming it and then dragging the entry from the compendium again.
I don't have any entries in my journal like that.
I have this problem too, but it only seems to be an issue for custom monsters that are duplicates/renames of existing monsters.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
If nothing at all is appearing, then the problem is not likely one of duplicates in the journal. That would lead to unexpected results, not total failure to create anything. It sounds more like a breakdown of communication during the drag operation. Something is failing to register. (or there is a procedural error, but you seem to have tested for the most common culprits) I am unable to duplicate a problem dragging a nothic from the Compendium into a game. I would suggest going through the checklist below, grabbing a console log from the period during a failed drag and filing a  Help Center Request . Could you please carefully work through these steps of our guide to  Solving Technical Issues ? Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome  and  Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable  all  add-ons/extensions. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through  Step 4 .  (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Thank you!
I noticed the problem might be that some of the creatures are duplicated.  For example the Nothic appears in the Monster manual and the Tomb of Strahd.