Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Advertisement Create a free account Compendium in Game, Join Today

[LFP] [LFG] I am wanting to learn how to DM

I have a friend that would like to learn how to play D&D, I as a player within my first year thought I would learn. IF YOU ARE A DM,  I have been watching countless YouTube videos, and reading how to DM. I am looking for someone to help get me on my feet foremost. I am a very fast learner, committed, and ready to go. If this fits you please leave PM or leave a  Discord name Preferred Pronouns Experience Thank you!

Edited 1610595636
I might be able to help you out. Discord is Dullblah#6374 I've been playing and DM quite a bit since 2e. I currently run 5e at home for my stepson and other kids. 

Edited 1610595533
What DnD do you wish to learn? Tsr DnD? or  WOTC DnD such as 3e, 3.5, 4e or 5e?
D&D 5e
Awesome! It's always great to see more people wanting to jump onto the other side of the screen!!! I have sent you a PM.
Hi! I hope you'll enjoy learning the ways of the DM! If you need help, or have any questions, you're always free to ask! Maybe a bit of an unneccessary advice, but, try to start with the Master's Vault (Which is free) on Roll20! It can also be used as a plot hook, I believe. Or at least I have in the past. :)
I salute you for wanting to DM!
Thank you! This community has been super supportive in this endeavor . I am excited and would love any tips, or things you wish you could tell that young, big eyed, DM-newbie!
You are wanting to learn how to DM with a fire in your belly and a passion for the game to back it up! And what better way to practice than to try your hand DMing for the newest wide-eyed players there are and learn DMing with people who want to try playing D&amp;D for the first time, getting used to these new and exciting concepts together in the same boat? I have recently started a small giveback initiative called Far Lands - Prodigies to help give back to the community and help D&amp;D grow, especially during these lockdown times! The response has been overwhelming and I could sure use a hand to give as many of these new players as possible some fun and chances to play, I think it could be a perfect match for you :D I am happy to have you sit in on some of my sessions, help guide with Roll20 when I can and support you with them if you are game as well, there is a topic for DMs on the LFG, do not hesitate to plant your mark there if you want to get involved :D and a toast to a new DM in this great game! <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9702984/lfp-d-and-d5e-free-interest-check-the-far-lands-prodigies-new-players-and-first-timers-focused-2-slash-3-shot-games" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9702984/lfp-d-and-d5e-free-interest-check-the-far-lands-prodigies-new-players-and-first-timers-focused-2-slash-3-shot-games</a>