Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Pathfinder 1st ed Use Magic Item, Magic Missile wand macro

Hi Everyone!  Below is a macro I wrote for someone wanting to use a Magic Missile wand with a hard coded net skill modifier of +7 on the d20 roll, within the Pathfinder 1st edition rules.  I hope this is useful to someone out there.   --------------------------------begin code-------------------------------- &{template:pc} {{showchar=[[1]]}} {{charname=Billy}} {{name=Use Magic Device}} {{type=skill}} {{feattype=Wand-DC 20}} {{roll=[[1d20+7]]}} {{descflag=1}} {{desc=Billy attempts to use a Magic Missile wand. He succeeds if his roll beats the wand's DC of 20.}} {{shownotes=[[1]]}} {{notes=Missile #1 does [[1d4+1]] force damage. Missile #2 does [[1d4+1]] force damage. Missile #3 does [[1d4+1]] force damage.}} ---------------------------------end code--------------------------------- I'll update when I can dynamically link the actual Use Magic Device modifier from the character sheet.   Sincerely,  Alvin
Modified code below now displays the selected character's name and links to the selected character's Use Magic Device net Skill Modifier. &{template:pc} {{showchar=[[1]]}} {{charname=@{selected|token_name}}} {{name=Use Magic Device}} {{type=skill}} {{feattype=Wand-DC 20}} {{roll=[[ 1d20+( @{selected|use_magic_device} ) ]]}} {{descflag=1}} {{desc= @{selected|token_name} attempts to use a Magic Missile wand. He succeeds if his roll beats the wand's DC of 20.}} {{shownotes=[[1]]}} {{notes=Missile #1 does [[1d4+1]] force damage. Missile #2 does [[1d4+1]] force damage. Missile #3 does [[1d4+1]] force damage.}}