Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Tag research

Hi,  I tagged many handouts and character sheets, that are classified in different folders. When I'm searching, it doesn't expand the relevant files(in example, I'm looking for police tag and it only remove out of folders items, without removing empty folders) any way to make it expand relevant tags that is researched? Thanks!
Did anyone get a solution for that? 
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I'm not clear on what problem you're experiencing. Could you maybe post some screenshots?
Basically, when I research, it only removes a handout that is not in a folder and doesn't even remove categories without the tags. So it's pretty useless, as I have to open all folders to search manually. In this research, there are Id in Law enforcement and Health Services, so only those two should appear and ideally, open subcategories with them. 
I understand what he's asking because I have the same issue with my games with many folders. Sadly I don't have an answer but hopefully me putting some more clarity to the question will help. In the character journal at the top of the listings, there is an area where you can search for named and tagged items, which will allow for ease of use for the GM to look up tokens or handouts more easily in the future. What Jon is trying to convey here I believe is that regardless of what he's searching for; all the folders remain in the journal section regardless of whether or not there is an item pertinent to the search keyword for it. This clutters the search and makes looking for the keyword token or handout a digital version of attempting to comb hay to find the needle in the haystack. It might help if there was a way where the folders that don't have the keyword(s) being searched for has the folders disappear or, if that's too difficult, some way where the folders that have the keyword(s) searched for open, while the folders that do not remain closed 
Yes, exactly!