Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Call of Cthulhu battle map square/hex movement

CoC movement btb doesn’t seem well suited for Using a squared battle map like you would for dungeons and dragons. I’d like to run some games that are a bit more pulp like in action and would pretty much like to do the same as I do with D and D. Does anybody have any rules they use for more tactical combat movement situations in the game? I don’t want to homebrew the game too much. But back in the day for early Cthulhu games I just had characters move 12 spaces or move six spaces and perform actions or something like that . Any tips would be appreciated.
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
I don't play CoC, so can't comment there. However, in Roll20 you always have the option to run maps with the grids/hexes turned off (toggle button in the Page settings window). As you are dragging the token to move it, you can press "Q" to pull up a movement distance ruler. Added bonus: you can press Q multiple times along that movement to establish waypoints for non-linear paths.  
Good point, it’s easy to forget about the measuring tool when I only ever use squares. Thanks for the tip that’s probably going to be the way to go.