Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Now on Dev Server: Character Sheet Enhancements!

keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I just hopped onto the dev server. The button dragging from repeating sections remains broken.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
keithcurtis said: I just hopped onto the dev server. The button dragging from repeating sections remains broken. It definitely is.  The buttons in repeating sections are being detected, since the cursor changes when you are over a button, but it never generates the little bit you drag to the bar like it does for the buttons outside repeating sections.
Rain
Plus
Sheet Author
Lol half of me finds this really exciting and half of me doesn't understand a word of it :D  I feel like I sort of brute-force stumbled my way through making my first sheet, but I hope these options mean that more people find it easier to try stuff out because that would be awesome
Peter B.
Pro
Sheet Author
Kitten said: Lol half of me finds this really exciting and half of me doesn't understand a word of it :D  I feel like I sort of brute-force stumbled my way through making my first sheet, but I hope these options mean that more people find it easier to try stuff out because that would be awesome I feel exactly the same way! I have been coding almost non stop these last two weeks, testing and refining the new features. I cannot wait to get them online for all the players to use!

Edited 1613595033
TK J.
Roll20 Team
Hi there, everyone! I've got some answers for your questions and I'd like to go ahead and address the concern about repeated action functionality! We were not aware that repeating section rolls were not functioning We are working to resolve this issue immediately. Thank you for bringing this to our attention! Marco M. and Vince : Via our developers: We will be allowing a tags, but the href must be an anchor link (starting with the # symbol) <a href="https://codepen.io/imprakash/pen/GgNMXO" rel="nofollow">https://codepen.io/imprakash/pen/GgNMXO</a> Please let me know if you have further questions and absolutely keep those reports coming! -TK
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Thanks, TK! Whew!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
TK J. said: Hi there, everyone! I've got some answers for your questions and I'd like to go ahead and address the concern about repeated action functionality! We were not aware that repeating section rolls were not functioning We are working to resolve this issue immediately. Thank you for bringing this to our attention! Marco M. and Vince : Via our developers: We will be allowing a tags, but the href must be an anchor link (starting with the # symbol) <a href="https://codepen.io/imprakash/pen/GgNMXO" rel="nofollow">https://codepen.io/imprakash/pen/GgNMXO</a> Please let me know if you have further questions and absolutely keep those reports coming! -TK &lt;a href="#"&gt;Great&lt;/a&gt;
Super cool! Dark mode next
Hey folks! Just wanted to let you know that the issue with repeating sections not being drag-able or available to add to the macro quick bar has been fixed and is live on the dev server. Thanks again for letting us know about this!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Thanks Nicholas!
Hey folks! The bug&nbsp; mentioned by Chris D. &nbsp;has been addressed. Additionally, a bug was discovered with&nbsp;previous/current values in the&nbsp;setWithWorker sheet worker which has also been fixed. Both of these fixes are now available for testing on the dev server.
Marco M.
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I have a question about the new "id" identifier: will it be possible to create new div or append options using it, or this still goes against the DOM limits? For example, I was looking on how to add a select with a variable number of elements or a datalist with a variable number of elements would be great. At the moment the best option would be doing some clever and messy CSS wizardry with hidden checkbox that behaves as radio button (Thanks to @Scott C. and @Jakob to come up with that), but using id it would be dirty simple Example To add an option: function addOption(optText,optValue){ &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;let dl = document.getElementById('mylist'); &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;for (; i &lt; len; i += 1) { var option = document.createElement('option'); option.value = optValue; option.innerHTML=optText; dl.appendChild(option); &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;} } To remove an option: function removeOption(optNum){ \\ find the number of the repeating skill removed in an old vs new array &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;let dl = document.getElementById('mylist'); &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;dl.options[optNum].remove(); } With the HTML &lt;datalist id="mylist"&gt; &lt;\datalist&gt; Now in many cases it could be even simpler to recreate the datalist from an array every time the name of a skill is changed (if that's what you are using the datalist for) cause the number of elements is relatively small and there is less chance of making any mistake.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
The javascript functions that affect the DOM, like appendChild, are still not available in sheetworkers. No longer sanitizing ids out has nothing to do with these functions.
Peter B.
Pro
Sheet Author
Nicholas said: Hey folks! The bug&nbsp; mentioned by Chris D. &nbsp;has been addressed. Additionally, a bug was discovered with&nbsp;previous/current values in the&nbsp;setWithWorker sheet worker which has also been fixed. Both of these fixes are now available for testing on the dev server. Sounds good that more bugs are getting fixed day by day! :) Are there any plans to tackle the problem with Ghost Rows&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9643364/bug-ghost-rows-in-repeating-sections-when-a-dash-is-used-in-the-section-name" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9643364/bug-ghost-rows-in-repeating-sections-when-a-dash-is-used-in-the-section-name</a> &nbsp;before going to the live servers?
David
Sheet Author
David said: With custom sheets on the development&nbsp; server when legacy sanitation is turned off the old Roll20 basic classes&nbsp; such as 3colrow&nbsp; still have "sheet-"&nbsp; prefixes Any news on this? This effects a large number of sheets.

Edited 1614637757
Nicholas
Roll20 Team
David said: David said: With custom sheets on the development&nbsp; server when legacy sanitation is turned off the old Roll20 basic classes&nbsp; such as 3colrow&nbsp; still have "sheet-"&nbsp; prefixes Any news on this? This effects a large number of sheets. Hey David -&nbsp; If you are using the legacy sanitization settings, which are enabled by default for all existing sheets, then yes, "sheet-" will be prepended to those classes and everything will work as it did before. However, if you make the swap to the new sanitization system, then "sheet-" is not prepended and you will have to manually add "sheet-" to those classes (row, 2colrow, etc.) in order to use them. Does that make sense? Or was there anything I can clarify there?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
So, found an issue with the new sanitization. I think there still needs to be some sanitization or maybe the iframe needs to be localized differently. As the system currently stands, doing something like: div{ &nbsp; &nbsp; display:none; } causes everything about the character except for the character header (where the character's name and the edit button are located) to not be displayed. This is almost certainly not the desired behavior.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Scott C. said: This is almost certainly not the desired behavior. Lol, master of understatement there.
Peter B.
Pro
Sheet Author
Scott C. said: So, found an issue with the new sanitization. I think there still needs to be some sanitization or maybe the iframe needs to be localized differently. As the system currently stands, doing something like: div{ &nbsp; &nbsp; display:none; } causes everything about the character except for the character header (where the character's name and the edit button are located) to not be displayed. This is almost certainly not the desired behavior. I would say that it is the sheet authors responsibility to avoid having such a statement in their CSS file. Either remove or edit it with appropriate classes should do the trick
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
My point though is that code like this exists in tons of sheets, and looking forward to the eventual sunsetting of the legacy sanitizer, that will cause a major break in many sheets.

Edited 1614699513
David
Sheet Author
Scott C. said: My point though is that code like this exists in tons of sheets, and looking forward to the eventual sunsetting of the legacy sanitizer, that will cause a major break in many sheets. Yes. The bright shiny new toys are wonderful. But my concern, and I am sure others with multiple sheets going back years, what is likely to break, how much time do we have to fix it and what tools are we be given to fix and test them.
Marco M.
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
TK J. said: Hi there, everyone! I've got some answers for your questions and I'd like to go ahead and address the concern about repeated action functionality! We were not aware that repeating section rolls were not functioning We are working to resolve this issue immediately. Thank you for bringing this to our attention! Marco M. and Vince : Via our developers: We will be allowing a tags, but the href must be an anchor link (starting with the # symbol) <a href="https://codepen.io/imprakash/pen/GgNMXO" rel="nofollow">https://codepen.io/imprakash/pen/GgNMXO</a> Please let me know if you have further questions and absolutely keep those reports coming! -TK &lt;a href="#"&gt;Wow! Thank you so much&lt;/a&gt;
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Marco M. said: TK J. said: Marco M. and Vince : Via our developers: We will be allowing a tags, but the href must be an anchor link (starting with the # symbol) <a href="https://codepen.io/imprakash/pen/GgNMXO" rel="nofollow">https://codepen.io/imprakash/pen/GgNMXO</a> &lt;a href="#"&gt;Wow! Thank you so much&lt;/a&gt; What's the implications and usercases for &lt;a href=""&gt; , will it be useful for creating popups only, or also for making links between parts of a sheet? Or even enable creating links to other sheets or handouts? Assume it can't be used for creating links to other parts of the website, like to the external compendium, the forums or wiki? Anyway, I added this example to the wiki, anyone who understands it better feel free to improve it. <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Character_Sheet_Enhancement#Popup" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Character_Sheet_Enhancement#Popup</a> Also, adding links to sheet code using the new features would be great as well, so we have more examples and see what others have done. Question for TK: Was some of these Sheet Enhancements explicitly created with Mobile Sheet development in mind? Can you share any stuff in relation to how the D&amp;D 5E sheet was adapted to mobile? From the teaser trailer, I assume it's a complete remake of the 5E sheet for mobile, but I assume it's intended that eventually any sheet can be used with the mobile app, with there being an option for sheet authors to create a mobile-adapted mode?
Hi everyone! This feature is now live! You can find the latest thread here .