Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
D&D 2024 has arrived! Pre-order the new core rulebooks now and get an exclusive pre-order bonus for free!
Create a free account

Double-click Chat pop-out issue

Edited 1612367172
Hi guys, hope everything's good. I need your help.    Here's what happened :  - Everything was running fine. - Installed Ad Block on Chrome for some reasons.  - Played with no problem for half a day. - Today -> Cannot pop my Chat out anymore(it is absolutely necessary in my game) - Desinstalled Ad Block & refresh Chrome -> Nothing.  - Installed Firefox -> Same thing. - Turned off/on all exceptions for pop-out windows in both browsers -> Same. - Turned off my running API scripts then trying without any on -> Same.  This doesn't look like a browser issue, any thoughts ?  Thanks in advance :)  [Edit : It should also be noted that the characters pop-out windows work normally]
Having the same issue. And I went through the same steps. All my friends have the same issue as well.
Same issue in Chrome - I made no changes to my PC :-(

Edited 1612364514
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Others have reported as such recently and it seems as though a recent change (possibly chrome update?) has disabled popups for some users in chrome... Head here  chrome://settings/content/siteDetails?site=https%3A%2F%2Fapp.roll20.net And make sure pop-ups and redirects are allowed [edit just reread the OP and saw that they'd checked the exceptions settings... d'oh!]
Doesn't work for me or my friends either. And it's an issue on friefox and opera and opera GX as well.
Ziechael said: Others have reported as such recently and it seems as though a recent change (possibly chrome update?) has disabled popups for some users in chrome... Head here  chrome://settings/content/siteDetails?site=https%3A%2F%2Fapp.roll20.net And make sure pop-ups and redirects are allowed [edit just reread the OP and saw that they'd checked the exceptions settings... d'oh!] Thanks for the tip though! Yeah, I've already went through these steps. It can't be a Chrome issue since it does exactly the same thing on Firefox. Is there a keyboard shortcut that I'm not aware of that pulls out the chat window ? I'd be curious to try it but I can't find any infos about it. 
David A. said: Same issue in Chrome - I made no changes to my PC :-( This is really good to know though, it just happened like that ? 
Same issue running Firefox and Safari on a Mac, also Firefox on a Windows 10 PC. Made no changes on my end at all. Popout chat does not work on either OS or browser.
Same here, tested on Firefox, Chrome, and even.... Edge, both Pre-Chromium and Post-Chromium
Same here, chat refuses to pop out in Firefox which I use exclusively for roll20. 
I'm also having this issue.  I checked edge and I'm having the same issue there.  I tried games where I use API and games where I do not.  I look forward to any ideas on how to troubleshoot.
I'm having this exact same issue on Firefox. I tested things by disabling everything I could think of but it still wouldn't work
Matbe the roll20 team would like to address this? It's been like... a while now, lmao.
I had this same issue last night in game and today in testing. Chrome, Firefox on Windows 10. No new plugins, no changes. Just coming to my regular game that I run. I was a bit awkward to DM  I CAN popout jukebox and so can my players but we cannot popout chat.
Having the same issue with chat. Noticed that Jukebox will pop out ONCE. As in I pop it out , close the pop out and can not reopen a pop out. I am wondering if part of my issue is I opened the "View all chat entries for this game »", and had it open after exiting the game
Also having the same issue!
Nels said: Having the same issue with chat. Noticed that Jukebox will pop out ONCE. As in I pop it out , close the pop out and can not reopen a pop out. I am wondering if part of my issue is I opened the "View all chat entries for this game »", and had it open after exiting the game Had a friend create a new game and still no dice. 
A minor note, all who are posting have the "Pro" level, so I hope it's not something to do with that.

Edited 1612485516
I'm also having the same issue!! Also tried everything. I'm not pro nor plus level.
Same issue here. Tried disabling add ons but couldn't fix it. The wiki still says you can double click the tab to pop it out but it doesn't work. 

Edited 1612492624
Bill
Pro
I've got the same issue in MS Edge, with no ad blockers or any other plugins honestly. I use the pop out chat in every sessions, this is extremely frustrating. 
Same issue here. I thought I was the only one until I found this thread.
same for me as well... i noticed that the juke box popped out but nothing else... chat pop up had been working fine about a week ago... Nels said: Having the same issue with chat. Noticed that Jukebox will pop out ONCE. As in I pop it out , close the pop out and can not reopen a pop out. I am wondering if part of my issue is I opened the "View all chat entries for this game »", and had it open after exiting the game
This has gone on 5 days in total now by my counting what the heck are you doing r20?
That'd be nice to get an update indeed. I've had to cancel the whole schedule because of that issue and I'm sure I'm not alone. 
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'd recommend everyone here submit a ticket if you haven't already. The Devs use the help center over the forums these days.
Found a workaround using Chrome: open the dev tools open console enter: textchatpopped = 0 double-click chat icon
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Hi, folks. The devs are aware of this issue and are working on it!    
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Hi, folks. This was fixed in a hotfix today .
It works, thank you!  
Stephanie B. said: Hi, folks. This was fixed in a hotfix today . Sweet thanks, much appreciated!