OK, I have no idea why this has solved it, but it has. I noticed that the creatures I was having problems with all came with their names below them. This is something that other creatures weren't doing. All the creatures that had the name were from the Monster Manual. On a hunch, I scrolled to the top of the compendium entry for the Ghost and changed the drop down menu for the source from "monster manual" to "5th edition SRD" and, for a reason I cannot comprehend, that seems to have fixed it. I did the same for the "Veteran" and that seemed to fix it, too. I have no idea why, but I'm not going to poke much more, as I'm moderately terrified that I might un fix it. Thanks for your patience, Keith, and I hope this proves helpful to anyone who has a similar problem.