Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Dynamic lighting: copying tokens

Hi all. I'm new to all this to bear with me. I'm creating a campaign in roll20 and using the first page to hold all the character tokens....my thought was that I could then copy and paste them on to each level of the dungeon, but I've hit a slight snag. I edited the instance of the Drow character with 120ft darkvision to have vision & night vision (120) and all seems fine. But when I copy and paste that token to other pages it seems to lose it's dynamic lighting properties. Am I missing something?
You actually do not need to setup a page to keep all of your tokens. If you link tokens to character sheets, you can just drag the character from the journal tab to the actual map, and it will drop the associated token. When you link a token, do all the setup on the token (such as what bars to link, what vision properties, etc). set the token up 100% for the way you want it to appear each and every time. To link a token, select the token. Open up the character sheet and click the edit button (top right corner) (you probably need to be on the bio and info tab - first tab). Once you click edit, you can add a character image, and link to a default token. Once you link the token, save changes. Then you can drag-drop from the character journal.
Ken said: You actually do not need to setup a page to keep all of your tokens. If you link tokens to character sheets, you can just drag the character from the journal tab to the actual map, and it will drop the associated token. When you link a token, do all the setup on the token (such as what bars to link, what vision properties, etc). set the token up 100% for the way you want it to appear each and every time. To link a token, select the token. Open up the character sheet and click the edit button (top right corner) (you probably need to be on the bio and info tab - first tab). Once you click edit, you can add a character image, and link to a default token. Once you link the token, save changes. Then you can drag-drop from the character journal. Yeah. Thanks, Ken. It was me being a total noob. Watched some vids on youtube by a guy called CrashGem which I've found really helpful. The way you've explained is the way I'm doing it now.