Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Identify reapting rowes that are discontinued?

John B
Pro
Sheet Author
Hey guys, The character sheet I'm using is getting changed underneath my game and so things we have recorded are not showing in the sheet.  I suspect that the repeating rows for language that I was utilizing for the MERP sheet are still there.  Right now the sheet has knew rows for a drop down that replaces what I had entered. So the API question is there something I can use to identify what those missing old hidden repeating row is so I can get at it with a macro like chatsetattr?
timmaugh
Pro
API Scripter
Hey, John... I think XRay can do what you're looking for (it's part of the InsertArg script, if you wonder why the link takes you to that script). Once you have it installed, run !xray and choose the character you want to inspect.... drill down on whatever section (attributes, repeating attributes, abilities...), then keep drilling down. With repeating sections you can step forward or back (or supply a number -- hit the up arrow to see the syntax and sub in the number). One caveat: The script gives you the $0 (row ID) info for a repeating element, but... I have recently learned of a known bug (known to others, just not to me when I wrote this script!) with regard to repeating attribute creation/disposal where certain corrupted repeating elements remain on a sheet. You'll see these as multiple entries of the same element (i.e., a character will have a "Bartering" skill... and then another "Bartering" skill... and then...). I have the solution to that, and implementing it in XRay is on my list of to-dos, I just haven't gotten to it, yet. The other information is correct, just that the Row ID might be off for repeating elements that have corrupted versions. It's a very specific caveat, but you might bump into it. If you run into that, let me know, and I'll try to prioritize getting that patch in place asap.
John B
Pro
Sheet Author
Nice script.  I realized later that I could go to github and learn how to get the prior version so I have solved this but I will be looking over that script.