Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

MERP Sheet bugs

Edited 1614119865
John B
Pro
Sheet Author
Hello Juha Makkonen So not sure where to report that the changes to the "Rolemaster" MERP sheet changes are overlaying on content that we are using.  Also the body development isn't allowing us to enter in up to 10 in each role.  Can't really link the hit points with min and max to the character sheet because different fields are doing the calculation.  All the auto calculations are making it a challenge to introduce some more rolemaster like rules to hybrid.then.  Nice to be able to turn off some of the auto calculations so I can manually do my own. Would also like the ability to add the optional classes that MERP supports.  Be good to be able to have the option to adjust proficiency values like a proficiency profile of that allows you to add in your own classes.  Also would like the sheet to have a mechanism to support above lvl 10 game play. Anyways since I was having some issues thought I'd add my wish list as well.  Good day John
John B said: Hello Juha Makkonen So not sure where to report that the changes to the "Rolemaster" MERP sheet changes are overlaying on content that we are using.  Also the body development isn't allowing us to enter in up to 10 in each role.  Can't really link the hit points with min and max to the character sheet because different fields are doing the calculation.  All the auto calculations are making it a challenge to introduce some more rolemaster like rules to hybrid.then.  Nice to be able to turn off some of the auto calculations so I can manually do my own. Would also like the ability to add the optional classes that MERP supports.  Be good to be able to have the option to adjust proficiency values like a proficiency profile of that allows you to add in your own classes.  Also would like the sheet to have a mechanism to support above lvl 10 game play. Anyways since I was having some issues thought I'd add my wish list as well.  Good day John John B the body development does take 10 but the second digit is hidden. You can check values in the attributes sheet. A pain I know but I found it easier to readjust lost BD from the new sheet push.
Second - Kudos to whomever did do this - Can't find the change log on GitHub.  Third - Can I request an input option for languages in case GMs have dialects or other non-Core languages Fourth - Any chance of the alternative professions from MERP 2 in that drop down menu?
OK found the GitHub entry as LyricalStreetPoet
<a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/issues/8321" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/issues/8321</a>
John, thanks for the comment. It's great to hear that people are playing MERP on Roll20. I haven't worked on the MERP character sheet since April last year. I noticed only yesterday from GitHub history that there have been improvements, and only today that some of those improvements broke things. Hopefully that problem has been fixed (to the extent it can be fixed). As to customization, originally I envisioned the character sheet to simulate a paper version with no predefined professions or races/cultures. You would just fill in the fields as with the paper version. However, automatization is like a cursed hammer: when there is a chance to automatize, you'll take a swing at it. So, I ended up introducing professions, and now it seems the set of races/cultures has been fixed as well. As a result, the character sheet is handy for those following the beaten path, but it does not lend itself to easy house-ruling or customization. What works for one, does not work for another. I agree with you on the proficiency profile. Instead of a fixed profession with predefined bonuses and development points, an open profile with adjustable fields would enable any number of professions. Same with races/cultures, skills, etc. But that ship has probably sailed. As to making automatic calculations customizable, I am not sure how it would be done elegantly. I realize the automatic calculation of encumbrance and movement maneuver penalty was probably another mistake. I just noticed there seems to be a bug I need to fix. As a platform, Roll20 is not the easiest to work with. Writing a character sheet is like eating with six-foot chopsticks (in a dark restaurant). :-) /Juha
Hey Juha,&nbsp; I think we have reached a better accommodation with Lyrical Poet who is working on an automated version of MERP 2 sheet to be released as a separate version rather than overwriting your one. I for one have enjoyed using the "paper" version as it gives my group the flexibility of our homebrewed version but I can see the advantage of playing an all in one automated version. Craig Hautboy said: John, thanks for the comment. It's great to hear that people are playing MERP on Roll20. I haven't worked on the MERP character sheet since April last year. I noticed only yesterday from GitHub history that there have been improvements, and only today that some of those improvements broke things. Hopefully that problem has been fixed (to the extent it can be fixed). As to customization, originally I envisioned the character sheet to simulate a paper version with no predefined professions or races/cultures. You would just fill in the fields as with the paper version. However, automatization is like a cursed hammer: when there is a chance to automatize, you'll take a swing at it. So, I ended up introducing professions, and now it seems the set of races/cultures has been fixed as well. As a result, the character sheet is handy for those following the beaten path, but it does not lend itself to easy house-ruling or customization. What works for one, does not work for another. I agree with you on the proficiency profile. Instead of a fixed profession with predefined bonuses and development points, an open profile with adjustable fields would enable any number of professions. Same with races/cultures, skills, etc. But that ship has probably sailed. As to making automatic calculations customizable, I am not sure how it would be done elegantly. I realize the automatic calculation of encumbrance and movement maneuver penalty was probably another mistake. I just noticed there seems to be a bug I need to fix. As a platform, Roll20 is not the easiest to work with. Writing a character sheet is like eating with six-foot chopsticks (in a dark restaurant). :-) /Juha