Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Which sources do the Charactermancer support?

Hey all! I was curious about which 5e sources are supported by the Charactermancer. I read about PHB and Xanatar, but the threads I read were several years old and I'm not sure which, if any, sources have since been added. Apologies for my inability to use the search bar, I'm not good at these things!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Out of the box? Roll20 supports the SRD. Purchasing a source that is labeled as a "Compendium Source" on the marketplace will add most of that book's features to Characetrmancer. Some of the options in Tasha's are still in development, since they fundamentally changed a few things about character creation, but by and large, you get all of the classes, races, and spells from a given compendium source. Currently, Roll20 is up to parity with published sources, though lacks Compendium access to a few features that have only appeared in modules (ex. Genasi)*. Did you have a specific feature or source you were curious about? * I think you can get Genasi through Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, though...

Edited 1614131569
Nothing in particular I was looking for, I just wanted to get as much material as possible into the compendium and charactermancer. I didn’t even think to look for any compendium source tags, great advice! I see now where it shows that it’ll get added to the compendium on the ones I was looking at. Wonderful answer :)
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
To expand on what Keith said, Ghosts of Saltmarsh was the first module to include Compendium elements. They have updated Lost Mines of Phandelver, and even though they are older I believe Hoard of the Dragon Queen/Rise of Tiamat (if you buy the bundle) and Out of the Abyss were actually published on Roll20 after Ghosts of Saltmarsh, so include Compendium elements (that or they also updated them, I might be hazy on the release timeline). That leaves Dungeon of the Mad Mage, Dragon Heist, Tales from the Yawning Portal, Curse of Strahd, Storm King's Thunder, Princes, of the Apocalypse, and Tomb of Annihilation without Compendium support. It is definitely worth noting that Princes of the Apocalypse definitely does not include the Elemental Evil Player’s Companion, which Roll20 has said has licensing issues due to it being a DM's Guild title, so you have to get the races from different sources: Aarakocra (Explorers Guide to Wildemount), Deep Gnome (Mord. Tome of Foes), Genasi (Wildemount) and Goliath (Volo's Guide or Wildemount). And also as Keith said, watch for that Compendium line item in the product features. Some of the older modules mention various items such as Spells or Player options as Handouts, which is definitely not the same as the Compendium.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Much better answer, Loren. I know Roll20 is committed to eventually including compendium interaction for older modules, so those exceptions on your list will hopefully eventually get added.