Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Applying dynamic lighting view to only one player?

Hey, I have a campaign where one of the player characters is a Witcher-like bounty hunter who is blind but using the rules for mutants in Pathfinder can see with blind sense out to 30ft. Currently what I have been doing when battle maps are made is making the entire map have dynamic lighting and giving the other players massive visibility to cancel out any dynamic lighting for them but still restricting the Witcher player to 30ft of low-light sight. Is there a way to simply apply a vision nerf to the Witcher player's token without needing to hassle with everyone else's characters every time? I'm a pro member and can use the API if that's the only way, but I can't write any code myself.
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
I don't think so. You could try setting their vision light multiplier to a negative number and see if that reduces the effectiveness of all light sources. If that works, you would then need to increase the distance of their vision to compensate. It may be simpler to just role play it.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Personally, I would just apply a 30ft. aura to that token and tell the player they can sense anything that is within that aura.