Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Scrolling while on Dynamic Lighting Layer

Hey all, Im setting up my dynamic lighting layer was wondering what is the keystroke for scrolling left and right on larger maps on the dynamic lighting layer. I can move up and down with Cmd+mouse scroll, but can't move side to side, and stopping to switch between the draw/select options really slows me down.  Can anyone help me with this? I searched the forum but couldn't find anything. Best, b.

Edited 1614207125
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
If you hold down shift and use mouse wheel, you should be able to scroll left/right. I use a PC, but I'm assuming it would work on a mac. EDIT - I forgot I already had my settings to Pan with scroll
I switched the game settings 'Use Scroll to' to 'Pan' instead of 'Zoom', as I find it much easier to hold down a key when I need to zoom.  Just a suggestion. Then it's just Shift-scroll to pan horizontally, and Option-scroll or Control-scroll for zooming. Otherwise I just tested on 'Zoom', and to pan horizontally, you can hold down Option, Control, or Function.  To pan vertically you need to add the Shift key with the Option or Control key (so Shift-Option-scroll or Shift-Control-scroll).  The Command key doesn't change from zoom to pan for me.  
Jarren K for the win! Ya a few min after posting this I managed to randomly press the right key combo to discover the same thing! Thanks All!