Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Images from Handouts to the Table Top

I feel I should know this, but my brain is full today so I'll just ask for help. Is there a way to get the featured image in a Handout out onto the Table Top as a token image of any kind, without doing the download/upload-to-library? I'd also like to be able to kick them into a Rollable Table with limited fuss. Maybe there's a script for this? There are so many great handout images in the purchased modules, and I'd like to be able to kick them out onto the TT using an efficient process. (Dang, it would be great if handouts had the same drag/drop functionality for the featured image as Character Sheets, where *boop* it's on the Table Top.)
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
If you uploaded it, it will be in your image library, and you can drag it from there. If someone else uploaded it, but it's not a marketplace image, you could click it, copy the URL, then use tokenmod to change an existing token into that image: !token-mod --set imgsrc|<THE URL>
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Rereading, it sounds like it came from a module and you're out of luck. =(
The Aaron said: Rereading, it sounds like it came from a module and you're out of luck. =( Thanks Aaron. That's what I expected. It's actually perversely satisfying that I knew this deep in my heart.
Gold
Forum Champion
The simple basic answer is, No. The intended method in the existing features is: (You know this): GM open the handout, click "Show To Players".  From there each Player/Viewer can click the magnifying glass on the Handout's image, on mouse-over, to expand it to a full-size in a lightbox (dimmed background).  As you know that's not a token-able image, not a mappable image to play on top of, not a shift-pingable image, not a draw-and-doodle on top image, it is not a tabletop object like what you're requesting. The only way then, open handout, Magnifying glass the image to Lightbox full size, right-click the image, SAVE AS... the image to your computer, UPLOAD the image to roll20 by drag-dropping it from your computer to the Tabletop canvas and waiting for the upload bar to complete. Then you'll have a token of it.
Divers
Pro
Sheet Author
It would be awesome to drag&drop handouts to pages. And moreover, to ping it, draw on top of it, and so on as Gold mentioned what we can NOT do with handouts :D What a pain to save/ upload (not in a directory)/ sort/ drag to pages ^^