Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Trying to get a macro to work

Edited 1614182915
Hi, I've been trying to get a macro to work in a dice pool system, and I am unsure if it is actually possible using just macros. I am trying to get the macro to do the following: Allow the player to pick from a list (which will then automatically look up the selected characters matching stat + skill combination), Allow the player to add in any bonus (stunt) dice, Allow the player to put in any amount of penalty dice subtracted from the total, Using this created total (player stat + player skill + bonus - penalty) Roll this total as a pool of d10>7 Allow the player to put in any flat successes, Spit out a final total. As an example, so far I have: &{template:default} {{name=**@{Selected|Character_name} makes a roll**}} {{ ?{Choose skill|    Archery, ** Strength + Archery ** [[@{selected|Strength}d10>7 + @{selected|Archery}d10>7 + ?{stunt}d10>7 + ?{Auto Successes} ]]|    Athletics, ** Strength + Athletics ** [[@{selected|Strength}d10>7 + @{selected|Athletics}d10>7 + ?{stunt}d10>7 + ?{Auto Successes} ]]|       Thrown, ** Strength + Thrown ** [[@{selected|Strength}d10>7 + @{selected|Thrown}d10>7 + ?{stunt}d10>7 + ?{Auto Successes} ]]} }} Which successfully does everything except 3. and 4. I can get it to apply a penalty line, which it then rolls, subtracting the successes from the other total, but the maths is a little different for probability / swing rolls etc. Is it possible to get this to work? Thanks in advance for any help :) EDIT: Spelling & grammar
For a dice pool I'd recommend using a nested roll to sum up the dice first so the final result looks more like [[stat+skill+bonus-penalty]]d10>7. Also since everything after stat & skill is common to all the rolls you don't need to have them inside the roll query, you can have the end of the roll outside the query. So with that in mind your macro would become &{template:default} {{name=**@{Selected|Character_name} makes a roll**}} {{ ?{Choose skill| Archery, ** Strength + Archery ** [[ [[@{selected|Strength} + @{selected|Archery}| Athletics, ** Strength + Athletics ** [[ [[@{selected|Strength} + @{selected|Athletics}| Thrown, ** Strength + Thrown ** [[ [[@{selected|Strength} + @{selected|Thrown}} + ?{Stunt|0} - ?{Penalty|0} ]]d10>7 + ?{Auto Successes|0} ]] }}
Hi, Thank you so much! That worked wonderfully! I knew what I was trying to get it to do, but couldn't quite phrase it correctly in the macro! :D I can go in and add the rest of the other skills now, this will make everything so much easier. Again, thank you! RainbowEncoder said: For a dice pool I'd recommend using a nested roll to sum up the dice first so the final result looks more like [[stat+skill+bonus-penalty]]d10>7. Also since everything after stat & skill is common to all the rolls you don't need to have them inside the roll query, you can have the end of the roll outside the query. So with that in mind your macro would become &{template:default} {{name=**@{Selected|Character_name} makes a roll**}} {{ ?{Choose skill| Archery, ** Strength + Archery ** [[ [[@{selected|Strength} + @{selected|Archery}| Athletics, ** Strength + Athletics ** [[ [[@{selected|Strength} + @{selected|Athletics}| Thrown, ** Strength + Thrown ** [[ [[@{selected|Strength} + @{selected|Thrown}} + ?{Stunt|0} - ?{Penalty|0} ]]d10>7 + ?{Auto Successes|0} ]] }}