Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Grid Alignment

Hi Team Anytime that I try to align the grid to a map image its always off. I highlight the 3 x 3 squares from the map image but invariably it will be off either horizontally or vertically. Any ideas? Tks David
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
What's the source of the image you are using?  Is it something you can legally share the link to? If it's a whole number of grid units orthogonally, you'd be better off counting them and setting the size that way.  If it's not a whole number, you can load it in a paint program and measure the extra space and size of the grids, and then do the math to get the right size.
I got the map from a pantheon bonus so not sure that I can share that link. But I ran another alignment and the vertical is spot on both left and right sides. The vertical needs to be dropped down a smidge. Can I adjust the horizontal? If yes where can I just adjust that settings?  Tks!
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
The alignment tool just updates the width and height of a graphic.  If you right click a graphic and select Advanced->Set Dimensions, you can input either the size in pixels, or the size in grid units.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
In the middle of each side, there should be a handle you can manually drag with the graphic selected.  If the edge isn't going to be right on a grid line, I would recommend right clicking the image and setting "is drawing" on the advanced menu.  That turns off snapping, and you can do any fine tuning you want without having to hold alt all the time.
Thanks all that did the trick!