Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Best way to handle multiple possibilities in PowerCard

Edited 1614250510
JPL
Pro
I have the following case, and asking question on how is the best way to handle in powercard 1. Depending on previous turn, player can take time to gain a bonus to have more chance to touch So on round X, i store the special info ROLL20_SNIPER_WHO where i store the target token_id 2. Depending on range, there is a bonus/malus on chance to touch, but also a change in damages 3. Other bonuses, included in the roll + modifiers Last point, I have for the moment 2 rolls, configuration quite standard 1st for testing if player touch (includes modifiers) 2nd for computing damages My initial first ide was to do something like ?? @{target|token_id} == @{selected|roll20_sniper_who} and ($dice_touch  +1) < X ?? just to use one dice, it would have been great to be able to do math in condition. But it is not possible so it makes things much more ugly in the code If there is a solution to evaluate something by applying maths in conditions then all the questions after are answered ! :) Now question - How is the best way to handle the attribute that is impacting DICE 1 and DICE 2 in different way   ? ask 2 times the question : range for test to touch and range for compute damage --> obviously i would only want to ask one time the range and change it in the 2 formulas in different way   ? have 4 dices (i have 4 range), and choose the dice based on conditions for chance of touch + 4 dices for hit. This goes from 2 dices to 8 dices will make lot of conditions   ? other solution ? - How is the best way to handle my second case where the bonus is dynamic   ? have 2 dices case, one for shooting at the right target that was sniped, and the other, , so this comes to an 8 dices + 4 dices if second solution is the good one so it becmes very ugly   ? other solution ? Long text sorry i want to describe the case as much as possible. Thanks for the time you take to answer !!!
I have found solution ! Expanded conditions handles math !