Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Have displayed Player Avatar linked to the active Game

We often end up with our players having to switch out their player image for multiple games as we switch between different sessions. Aside from taking up space from our upload library that we need to clean up later, it's just annoying to have to do repeatedly. We can already specify our display name within the session that replaces our main account name below our player avatar, it would be nice if we could also have a player setting option to upload a custom player avatar that overrides our main account avatar.
Gold
Forum Champion
You can set this up, like this: Create 1 character (under Journals) for each Player. Assign that Character > Edit > Permissions > Visibility & Editing > One Player's Name. The player will upload the Avatar pic that they want, as the Portrait slot on the Bio Tab of their Character. Now when they use the drop-down menu ("Speaking as..."), that will also change their Avatar (for that game) to the Portrait of that Character.
Well this sounds awesome! I'm going to give this a try immediately and see if I can make it work for me. Thanks!
Oh, that is just lovely. :-) Thanks so much for that--I don't know how we all missed that for so long, but it works like a charm.
Gold
Forum Champion
I am stoked for you, Rob W! Enjoy! Roll20 used to not have this feature long-ago, it was asked for, and it was added! Some years back.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .