Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Anyone using "Galaxy Interface" by 2D Storyteller?

Edited 1614352846
Hi, I got excited when I discovered Galaxy Interface, it looked really cool, but it seems to be missing a manual (or I'm missing something obvious). Because of that, I've got a couple of questions: - First, I couldn't find it in the art library and then, after 10 minutes of troubleshooting, I found the assets in the journal. Why aren't they in the art library where they belong? - Also, every item is by default in every player's journal, so I've got to change every entry every time I add it to a game? Or is there another way? - I can add the images from the journal entries to the game by dragging them from their journal windows, but no animated ones and some of the system icons won't be added as well. How do I add these to a map? Maybe someone can help me out here and point me in the right direction. Best regards Daniel

Edited 1614354324
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Daniel J. said: - First, I couldn't find it in the art library and then, after 10 minutes of troubleshooting, I found the assets in the journal. Why aren't they in the art library where they belong? - Also, every item is by default in every player's journal, so I've got to change every entry every time I add it to a game? Or is there another way? - I can add the images from the journal entries to the game by dragging them from their journal windows, but no animated ones and some of the system icons won't be added as well. How do I add these to a map? 1. That pack is an addon.  Addon content is never in the art library, but always in the journal or already set up as map pages or default tokens.  Art library entries don't retain size, while images in addon packs are either set up as map pages already sized, or set up as sheet tokens to retain sizing of the image that way. 2. If it is set up to be visible to all players, then you would need to change that every time if you want different behavior.  3. Generally, you should be grabbing the name in the journal list/tab and dragging it out to the map from there, just like dragging out a token for a PC/NPC.
Thank you for the quick reply! Animated assets cannot be moved like the rest, it seems. I've been trying for a while now. But they can be copied and pasted from the additional maps which are being added to the game, so this is a way to work around it. (Also, adding Galaxy Interface to a game removed the audio folder structure so I need to import the playlists again.) Now I really wish I had bought it from DriveThrough so I could add the assets manually and only those I actually need ...