Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Aquisitions Inc. seeking DM/ D&D 4e

Edited 1404738819
The plot centers on the (mis)adventures of the eponymous Acquisitions Inc., a Ragtag Bunch of Misfits banded together in a pseudo-corporate formation on a quest for fame and wealth. Seeking A DM who can set up a fun relaxed campaign full of people joking around and having a good time, wanting to help build a world filled with humorous anecdotes and consequence for the fact we are all horrible heroes. If you haven't watched the Aquisitions Incorporated PAX shows please do, because this is what I'm looking for in an ongoing campaign and hopefully there are others out there with me. Time will be based off of your schedule I am completely flexible. Just to be clear I am not looking for a custom module or anything I just want a flexible DM to run us through his campaign knowing that the greater good is not necessarily enough motivation to provoke us, for we are nothing but dirty mercenaries after personal gain....not an evil party but definitely an unaligned one.
I really like the idea of a relaxed roleplaying group like the PAX celebrity games, if you ever find a DM I would be interested as a player to cause some mayhem.
Bump
I'm with Aaron, i'm not creative enough to DM for a group like Acquisitions Inc, but playing with a group like this would be awesome!

Edited 1404810309
I do like Acquisition's Inc its a nice take on D&D. Its one of the few D&D games that have seemed interesting to me just due to the fact that there is some story to it and light humor. Its good over all.

Edited 1404842095
So any timezone would work? CEST 1900ish weekday? What level are the current characters?
I could definitely work with that schedule any weekday, 1200 CST is actually perfect for me. I haven't assembled the party yet but I thought it would be nice to start at level 1 and really grow are characters.
Right on, I'd be interested in putting something together. The only catch is i am on vacay for the next three weeks and gonna be popping around here and there. If you have not found any takers by the 29th of July - i'll put a one shot together and you and your crew can decide if we fit.
That's awesome get ahold of me after vacation I would enjoy getting together for a one shot regardless of DM availability.
Any other takers?
Idk, from what i can tell you basically want a normal campaign with the difficulty decreased and the rewards greatly heightened. In which case, I can help, or at the very least do multiple one-shots (Less commitment is better for me, at this time). If you're interested in that, my Fallcrest Journey has a butt-ton of content you can play through. I'd most likely start you at level 2, and you would gain a level after each game, as is akin with AI.

Edited 1404861968
I don't want the difficulty decreased or the loot increased. What I am basically looking for is less serious rp experience based in humor and mischief without the classic "heroes must save the world" trope, and instead a mercenaries for hire scenario. When people come to Aquisitions Incorporated they know gold and goods are more persuasive than threatening catastrophes "The world has made it this long without my help, and without gold it's gonna have to make it a bit longer" Multiple One-Shots would work great for this because each could be presented as a "new client" seeking our services. If you're still interested, your Fallcrest journey sounds like it would be a lot of fun and I think we would have a blast running through it!
Strictly from a DM's point of view, I'm going to decrease difficulty and raise rewards; but as a group of mercenaries who are loosely associated with AI, it should work out great. I'm good for this Saturday, but after we should play based off availability. In addition, i know you wish to play 4e, but from my personal experience, 5e is much more conducive to an adventuring atmosphere. Plus, it's what they play in all the recent AI games; Also, its what all my stuff is in. They have the D&D Basic out for free, and i have the ALPHA draft, which is just an extended version of the D&D Next Basic. I'm fairly adept at teaching players who are new to systems. If you and your team want to send me your Skype Details (I usually use skype, at least as Instant Messaging service) we can start discussing the game and character creation.
Afraid I'm going to pass on switching to 5e for now, but I really appreciate the interest and want to thank you for offering your services. I think at the moment I really just want to get a 4e campaign going so I can jump right in without any confusion.
Anybody else?
Afraid I'm far too much of newbie to be a DM but I wanted to drop by and say I love your PAX shows. They're really entertaining! Hope one day to find some players as fun as you guys are, or play with you guys some day. And now I'll stop being irrelevant and leave the thread. Hope you find your DM. :)
Yeah, you rock Scott Kurtz!
Wow, I didn't expect this to happen..... I am not Scott Kurtz, Mike Krahulik, or Jerry Holkins just wanted to create a campaign similar to the PAX shows based on the concept of mercenaries for hire with a nice blend of humor and story, a homage to AI through the sincerest form of flattery there is.... imitation. Feel free to track down Scott Kurtz and tell him he is the man though, he deserves it. <a href="https://twitter.com/pvponline" rel="nofollow">https://twitter.com/pvponline</a>