Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Character sheet only showing 'Bio & Info'

Hi all,  Just got a second character sheet from my DM for a new character and It's only showing me the Bio & Info tab not the actual sheet.  I'm guessing my DM needs to go and open the sheet so it generates or something?  I've not encountered this issue before so I'm a little baffled.   Just using the standard D&D5e sheet from Roll20, I've sent my DM a message but they tend to be slow to respond so I was hoping some of you might have an idea.  I've tried switching browser but both Chrome, Edge and Vivaldi are giving me the same problem. Many thanks.
You don't have access to edit the sheet. The DM need to give that to you.

Edited 1614529113
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Yeah, there are two permissions slots. One gives you control, the other puts it into your journal. They both need to be checked. The wiki has more info: In Player's Journals:  By default, only the  GM  sees Characters in to the  N   Journal -tab. To allow other  Players  to see the Character in their  N   Journal , add their names to the "In Player's Journals"-field. Player names are only available once they've launched the game at least once. You can also choose "All Players" to allow everyone to view the Character. Players who can view the Character will see the Name, Avatar, and any text typed in the Character's Bio & Info field only. They will not have access to the  Character Sheet -tab (if applicable) nor the  Attributes and Abilities -tab. Can Be Edited & Controlled By:  Adding players to "The Controlled By" field gives them the following permissions: They will be able to choose the Character from the "Speak As" drop down menu in the  q   Text Chat -tab. They will be able to edit the Character's  Name ,  Bio -text field of the  Bio & Info - tab. If the game uses a  Character Sheet , they will have permission to view AND edit information on  Character Sheet -tab. They will be able to control any  Token  set to Represent this Character. See  Linking Token to Character Sheet -guide for more details. You can also choose "All Players" to allow everyone to control or edit the Character entry.
Thanks very much, all sorted now!