The Adventure This adventure begins just after your PC has been captured by dark elves and taken to one of their many outposts in the Underdark. You will start off trapped in an alien environment, with all of your personal possessions taken from you. Your immediate goals are therefore quite simple; ESCAPE. Character Creation Your Characters begin at Level 1, and all starting equipment has been confiscated by the dark elves who captured you. If this would cause you to lose any items of note or personal significance, please let me know during Session 0; perhaps the dark elves have them stashed away somewhere? Due to the nature of this adventure, please try and create a character who has very limited knowledge of the Underdark and the things in it, so as to maximise the "oh gods, where am I?! AAAAH!" effect. The Underdark The Underdark is a series of interconnected caverns and tunnels deep below the surface of Faerun. It is a harsh, inhospitable environment devoid of light, where food and clean water are scarce, and hostile monstrosities are plentiful. Many foul creatures take refuge in the deep dark below, and the only civilisations to speak of down there are not exactly welcoming to surface-folk. Simply surviving will be a challenge in and of itself, should you actually escape your captivity. The Dark Elves The Dark Elves, or "Drow", are a subrace of elves that live in the Underdark. Their slave-based society is run by a theocratic regime of Priestesses who worship the Spider-Goddess Lloth. It is generally considered unwise to become captured by them, but, well, here we are. About the GM I have been GM-ing with 5th Edition D&D for 5 years, and I've got experience running this particular module as well. I strive to create an inclusive, friendly atmosphere around the virtual table, one where people feel comfortable roleplaying, asking questions, trying out zany schemes that may or may not result in horrible consequences, you name it. I use the rules, the dice and the content of the adventure book as more of a guideline for how to run the game rather than something to follow to the letter. I find this allows for more immersive gaming, and it also helps accommodate my general approach to GM'ing; the game is an exercise in collaborative storytelling more than a contest between the Players and the GM, and the GM is there to provide the world and manage the players' interactions with it. I've already written some additional content and maps that build off what is the book for previous games, and as we go along, I will likely create new content such as side-quests, NPC's and so on based on your PC's, their backstories and their goals to further flesh out the adventure. Game Info The Game will be run using Roll20 and Discord exclusively. When you get added, I'll give you all the necessary links. We will start with a Session 0 to discuss character backstories, create the PC's, introduce the setting and other prisoners of the drow and so on. This Session 0 does not require payment, and lets you decide if you want to go ahead with the campaign afterwards. Payments for future sessions will be collected via PayPal. You can choose to pay for Sessions individually for $8 (or an equivalent in either GBP, EUR, AUD, NZD and so on), or to pay in advance for a Month worth of sessions for $25. Mandatory Disclaimer: Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements. Player Applications If you are interested in joining this game, please leave a reply here with the following info; The Name you would prefer me to call you by in game The Timezone you're in What sort of character you want to play Other expectations you have (either from me or the adventure itself) Other info that would be appreciated but not at all required would be; How you want your character to have gotten captured by the drow How you are as a player