Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Text Box Pop-up for Room Description

When the players hover over the information token I would like a text box to pop-up with the text of the room description.  I am writing a mystery puzzle dungeon, so allowing the players to reread the room description on their own will save the DMs voice.  How can I create this text-box pop-up without a using an API?  API can not be easily included with published adventures. 
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
You could have the information in one of the token bars, and then a token action macro that prints the contents of that bar to chat.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
From the  Stupid Tricks  thread: Invisible Tokens - The Notes Token  -keithcurtis — ( Video  by Nick O) Map Pins  - keithcurtis ( More info  - Airsickhydra) ( More info  - Matthew T)
I'll review the article and post back once I tried it out.
Keith your tip has almost got me all the way there.  The room descriptions can be displayed in the chat by the players.  I was wondering if there was some way that I can left justify the room description text, and not have the text be bold?  Do you have any suggestions for that?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The formatting depends heavily on what roll template you are using. And that depends on the sheet. I use the npcaction roll template on the D&D 5th Edition by Roll20 Sheet. If you can post what sheet and template you are using (ideally, the macro that produces the output), we might be able to help you get something that looks decent. As an aside, you can use the Stylus extension to give a total makeover to the output, but that would only affect the single computer with the extension and style installed.