Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Getting the nameplate to update along with multisided token?

Edited 1614553122
So I have a player in a Pathfinder 2 game (though that shouldn't matter too much for what I'm trying to do) that's playing a Kitsune with the Vigilante archetype. As such he can transform into two forms that have the same stats (minus a bite attack) but different names and personalities. I have the multisided token set up so he can easily switch between the kitsune form and the human form but I can't figure out how to get it to change the nameplate along with him. The players will catch on immediately but it's a fun touch that I'd like to add in.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
I don't think you can automate a name and image change without a pro subscription and an api script like TokenMod. There is another way to go about this though, and that would be to have 2 distinct tokens.  Both tokens would represent the main sheet with all the bars linked alike, etc.  The primary (most used) token would be the one set as the default token on that sheet.  The other token would have the name edited to whatever you want for that form.  Then you would create a second character sheet.  This sheet should be left blank, and could even be an npc sheet or something.  It is only used as a placeholder to save the second token as the default token so that it can be dragged out on the board easily.  So, both tokens represent the main sheet, with bars linked to that sheet, but are saved as default tokens on 2 sheets so they are kept intact with separate images and name plates.
Had a feeling that was the case. Thank you.