Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

D'Ashe Manor - IC 04/09 - 14/09 1359

Edited 1615078618
On the assumption that all coin and valuables were passed to Erasmus, I make each adventurer's share to be 171gp 2sp as follows: 22gp From Nimira's coin purse 320gp Snurrevin's hoard 110gp Snurrevin's hoard (1,100sp) 900gp Snurrevin's hoard (gold & ruby necklace) 280gp Sack in shrine 80gp Grick cave (200cp, 180sp, 60gp) 1,712gp Total valuables 1,712/10 = 171.2gp each. Also, the following treasure was claimed: +1 greatsword - Norrin +1 warhammer - Fraener Potion of hill giant strength - Qiviel Scroll of Web - Malied Scroll of Spider Climb - Malied Let me know if I missed anything.

Edited 1615086178
As promised to Norrin, Erasmus will craft a set of leather barding for Ranger. He will also create a set of studded leather for Syrus, requesting assistance from Fraener where necessary.  (Simon, please let me know what this will cost me for materials. Thanks) 
*approaching Lady Barbara* "Lady D'Ashe did you perhaps see a family arrive here in the inn claiming they were attacked by a white dragon?"
with the earnings, he received from Eramus he also bought a Maul for 10 gp and to apologize for hurting Ted Strohm gave him 80gp.  "Ted my half orc friend here is 80 gp as a gesture of forgiveness for attacking you while I was possessed by a spirit of mad dwarf"
Back at D'Ashe manor there is revelry, the famous Bard Joriun Whitefeather is visiting & entertaining with music and song.... Norrin sits back and relaxes in a comfortable chair, feeling very much the Lord of the Manor. One arm around Barbara his beloved, and his other hand holding a mug of Waterdhavian Black Amber Ale, his favourite, as he listens to the music. "This song is about those who have gone before, and are no longer with us," Joriun says, by ways of introducing the song. "It's called The Fireside Song of Old Adventurers." Swords once sharp now gather dust Much oil and work fight creeping rust Where once we had no time to care Reaching for battle brave hands bare Our lances shone back brighter sun Our coffers groaned with treasure won Proud names we held o'er many lands Proud lords bowed to our commands Then dragons raged and died fierce As keener, sharper blades did pierce Swung by bolder, stronger men Wine and laughter both sweeter then So long ago, in fading dreams Sometimes fancy it all seems But by this sword, ‘tis all true! Laugh? This old blade will answer you! Foolish, blind, young and proud Or I'll rise yet, and we shall see If you'll ever live as long as me.
Tim M. said: Can we have a current map of the manor, please? 

Edited 1615107259
Manor updates 4-14/9/59: Lady D'Ashe reports that the farmers fleeing the white dragon stopped in here, on their way to seek out relatives further east. She gave them money and supplies and sent them on their way.  Tenho Isotalo takes his leave, at least for now.  "Very happy to have seen Durgeddin's Forge - been a dream of mine for some time. Wait till I tell old Hardby..." Will the Weasel has recruited a new Festhall wench, upper class Amara deTrevani, to replace Akemi lost to Strohm's harem. Profits are back up to an average 4gp/day before garrison costs. Sergeant Ischa is fairly happy with the progress the men are making, though she wouldn't want to send them into serious battle without better gear and some light combat experience first. Miners and others heading west are warned to have tribute ready for the dragon Razing-Death. It's not seen for some time (likely digesting) - the first new report of its appearance comes 13/9/59,  a Mercellin mining caravan under Sumata Mercellin is stopped and has to hand over both a pony and a good supply of silver and gold bars, much to Sumata's annoyance - though she feels fortunate it didn't carry herself away.
I take it the extra +1 greatswords you have lying around are used as wall-hangers, but let me know if you want to eg sell them or give them to NPCs.
Simon N. said: I take it the extra +1 greatswords you have lying around are used as wall-hangers, but let me know if you want to eg sell them or give them to NPCs. Can anyone else use them? Erasmus sure would like to watch Jyrdani go to town with one, but he also very much likes her having the additional AC from her shield. 
Fraener is happy to help.
Tim M. said: As promised to Norrin, Erasmus will craft a set of leather barding for Ranger. He will also create a set of studded leather for Syrus, requesting assistance from Fraener where necessary.  (Simon, please let me know what this will cost me for materials. Thanks)  Materials cost half the PHB list price (ofc you could technically make the materials yourself from raw cowhide etc, but this will take much longer - and be quite smelly!) so 5gp for Ranger's leather harness raising AC to 13 and 22.5gp for studded leather raising Syrus AC to 15.

Edited 1615114821
Norrin notices (P-PER 15) that one of the festhall wenches, Alice Cooper, seems to have the capabilities of at least a novice Rogue (Rogue-1). Might come in handy if such skills are ever in short supply.
Tim M. said: Simon N. said: I take it the extra +1 greatswords you have lying around are used as wall-hangers, but let me know if you want to eg sell them or give them to NPCs. Can anyone else use them? Erasmus sure would like to watch Jyrdani go to town with one, but he also very much likes her having the additional AC from her shield.  Jyrdani could use one, but she prefers the +3 AC from her magic shield. :) A couple of the largest & most competent guardsmen could be trained by eg Norrin or Qiviel to wield them effectively. Of course open display of such items in novice hands might attract miscreants seeking to steal them.
Simon N. said: Materials cost half the PHB list price (ofc you could technically make the materials yourself from raw cowhide etc, but this will take much longer - and be quite smelly!) so 5gp for Ranger's leather harness raising AC to 13 and 22.5gp for studded leather raising Syrus AC to 15. Done. By the end of the week, it will be done.  Erasmus presents to Syrus a set of studded leather, adorned in the usual way incorporating musical notes, and a crest featuring a shortsword crossed with a lute.  "Syrus, my friend, this is for you; a token of everything you have done for me these past few months. I would not be standing here today if it were not for you, nor would I be as happy as I am. Thank you." 
Matt has left the game so Ted the Half Orc Rogue (now Thief) has gone off with his cash and the 'borrowed' items including the rope of climbing from the treasury, much to Barbara's delight.
Do you want to collapse the secret tunnel, or just leave it barricaded? It's mostly dug through earth, so easy to dig but not hard to collapse. Fraener & his dwarves could do it fairly safely. Spells like Shatter on a weakened timber support also work well.

Edited 1615117698
Events at the Festhall: Things mostly pass peacefully, but a substantial amount of perishable food stores in the cellar are found to be rotten when inspected by Norrin, and Barbara has to pay out an extra 10gp from the treasury for replacements. At least nobody got sick. Barbara to Norrin: "Gurzun's management was always little sloppy, and Will only really deals with the Festhall itself. I was thinking about promoting one of the girls to Steward or somesuch - what do you think?"
WhiteValyrian said: with the earnings, he received from Eramus he also bought a Maul for 10 gp and to apologize for hurting Ted Strohm gave him 80gp.  "Ted my half orc friend here is 80 gp as a gesture of forgiveness for attacking you while I was possessed by a spirit of mad dwarf" I'm going to be kind and say Ted skedaddled before Strohm could hand over the money.
Simon N. said: Do you want to collapse the secret tunnel, or just leave it barricaded? It's mostly dug through earth, so easy to dig but not hard to collapse. Fraener & his dwarves could do it fairly safely. Spells like Shatter on a weakened timber support also work well. That would depend on Barbara's plans, I guess. Does she want the services on offer to be discrete, or secure. Erasmus would advise secure, but it's not his place to comment on the running of the hall. It is, of course, as much a way out as in.  Erasmus also repays Barbara the 10gp given to the family displaced by the dragon. This is not a normal circumstance and he does not feel that the hall should have to foot the bill for refugees. He is happy for Barbara to take the credit for the kindness, however, as he knows it will generate better feelings toward the lady in the area. 
Barbara smiles quite warmly at Erasmus as he hands over the 10gp. "How did you know I gave them exactly ten gold?! In any case, thank you." She turns to Norrin. "We will need to deal with this dragon - though it might not hurt our cause for its fame to spread widely, first." Barbara's table, T1 M9 1359 DR. Ranger is at Norrin's feet, or under the table hunting for meat treats from friendly hands. :)
Simon said: "How did you know I gave them exactly ten gold?! In any case, thank you."  I assumed that Erasmus would ask about them and then, when Barbara mentioned giving them money, he would have asked how much and offered her that. She wouldn't have lied to him, surely? ;) 

Edited 1615122373
Barbara, lie?! Perish the thought! :p Re collapsing the tunnel, she is undecided, seeing advantages both ways. The biggest concern is that it was known to Ostrikka of Goblin Town (RIP), who enslaved Barbara, & nearly killed Norrin when they fought. The worry is that others in Goblin Town who Gurzun dealt with very likely know about it too.
Simon N. said: Norrin notices (P-PER 15) that one of the festhall wenches, Alice Cooper, seems to have the capabilities of at least a novice Rogue (Rogue-1). Might come in handy if such skills are ever in short supply. With Ted & Tenho both having left, AFAIK you don't currently have anyone with Thieves' Tools prof. Alice Cooper has a reputation for being able to open most locks (+5 Thieves' Tools) so you might conceivably want to ask her along if you are expecting need for a locksmith.

Edited 1615123258
Simon N. said: Barbara, lie?! Perish the thought! :p Re collapsing the tunnel, she is undecided, seeing advantages both ways. The biggest concern is that it was known to Ostrikka of Goblin Town (RIP), who enslaved Barbara, & nearly killed Norrin when they fought. The worry is that others in Goblin Town who Gurzun dealt with very likely know about it too. Happy to roll my insight vs. Barbara's deception, if you want to cost me more gold!   Given who likely has knowledge of the tunnel, collapsing it it by far the safest option. 
Simon N. said: WhiteValyrian said: with the earnings, he received from Eramus he also bought a Maul for 10 gp and to apologize for hurting Ted Strohm gave him 80gp.  "Ted my half orc friend here is 80 gp as a gesture of forgiveness for attacking you while I was possessed by a spirit of mad dwarf" I'm going to be kind and say Ted skedaddled before Strohm could hand over the money. Thanks Simon you are a fair god
Erasmus unsurprisingly detects no falsehood from Barbara. Tim M. said: Simon N. said: Barbara, lie?! Perish the thought! :p Re collapsing the tunnel, she is undecided, seeing advantages both ways. The biggest concern is that it was known to Ostrikka of Goblin Town (RIP), who enslaved Barbara, & nearly killed Norrin when they fought. The worry is that others in Goblin Town who Gurzun dealt with very likely know about it too. Happy to roll my insight vs. Barbara's deception, if you want to cost me more gold!   Given who likely has knowledge of the tunnel, collapsing it it by far the safest option. 
Simon N. said: Sergeant Ischa is fairly happy with the progress the men are making, though she wouldn't want to send them into serious battle without better gear and some light combat experience first. Once the forges are up and running, perhaps Norrin could speak with Fraener about commissioning some chain mail for the house guards. Nothing would improve morale more than wearing some dwarven forged armour! If the population around the Hall begins to grow, he sees nothing wrong with creating and expanding some patrol routes for the guards. Simon N. said: "Gurzun's management was always little sloppy, and Will only really deals with the Festhall itself. I was thinking about promoting one of the girls to Steward or somesuch - what do you think?" Norrin nods his agreement. "Anyone in mind?" he asks. "I'm happy with the progress that Ischa is making with the house guards, but I don't want to put too much on her plate. We could hire someone, but that would just be taking money out of our pocket and putting it in someone else's." Simon N. said: Simon N. said: Norrin notices (P-PER 15) that one of the festhall wenches, Alice Cooper, seems to have the capabilities of at least a novice Rogue (Rogue-1). Might come in handy if such skills are ever in short supply. With Ted & Tenho both having left, AFAIK you don't currently have anyone with Thieves' Tools prof. Alice Cooper has a reputation for being able to open most locks (+5 Thieves' Tools) so you might conceivably want to ask her along if you are expecting need for a locksmith. Would Barbara be able to train her? Kind of upset with Ted for absconding with treasures that weren't rightly his; Norrin has half a mind to issue a warrant for his arrest. "Never trust a half-orc," he mutters to himself, once again thinking about the disagreeable little thief known as Fulnok of Ferd, and wishing he were here. Tim M. said: Simon N. said: Barbara, lie?! Perish the thought! :p Re collapsing the tunnel, she is undecided, seeing advantages both ways. The biggest concern is that it was known to Ostrikka of Goblin Town (RIP), who enslaved Barbara, & nearly killed Norrin when they fought. The worry is that others in Goblin Town who Gurzun dealt with very likely know about it too. Happy to roll my insight vs. Barbara's deception, if you want to cost me more gold!   Given who likely has knowledge of the tunnel, collapsing it it by far the safest option.  Norrin has already spoken to Sargent Ischa about the tunnel, and she recommends collapsing it. Norrin is also of two minds regarding it: although it would make for a handy escape route "just in case," it has already proven itself to be a weak spot in the defence of the Hall. The group has already breached it twice successfully, even though the missions associated with those breaches weren't necessarily successful themselves. In the end, he feels that the tunnel's existence is a liability to the security of the Hall, and it should either be permanently bricked up, or collapsed.
Simon N. said: Tim M. said: As promised to Norrin, Erasmus will craft a set of leather barding for Ranger. He will also create a set of studded leather for Syrus, requesting assistance from Fraener where necessary.  (Simon, please let me know what this will cost me for materials. Thanks)  Materials cost half the PHB list price (ofc you could technically make the materials yourself from raw cowhide etc, but this will take much longer - and be quite smelly!) so 5gp for Ranger's leather harness raising AC to 13 and 22.5gp for studded leather raising Syrus AC to 15. Smiling broadly, Norrin straps the leather armour on the dog, who definitely is somewhat less than thrilled about it. "Thank you, my friend," he says to Erasmus. "Here is payment in full, as promised." He hands over the agreed amount to Erasmus.
Barbara considers. "Alice is smart, and the others tend to look to her for guidance. She's the one with leadership potential. But Gila is the most conscientous - I could rely on her to command the provisions, and not to let the stores go bad." Norrin nods his agreement. "Anyone in mind?" he asks. "I'm happy with the progress that Ischa is making with the house guards, but I don't want to put too much on her plate. We could hire someone, but that would just be taking money out of our pocket and putting it in someone else's."
Barbara could train Alice to Rogue-2 once she had enough XP to level - on 0/300 right now. :) Geoff said: Would Barbara be able to train her? 
Simon N. said: Barbara considers. "Alice is smart, and the others tend to look to her for guidance. She's the one with leadership potential. But Gila is the most conscientous - I could rely on her to command the provisions, and not to let the stores go bad." Thinking for a moment, Norrin replies. "Gila. We won't get anywhere if we're throwing out half of our stores. Efficiency and reducing waste is the key to profitability. She'll have the support of Will the Weasel and Sargent Ischa to keep things in line. Create a solid foundation and everything else is easier, once the infrastructure is in place." He draws on his childhood memories, growing up in Waterdeep in an inn not too much different than this. "And if we train Alice in the stealthy arts, she'll be accompanying us on our forays once in a while." He shrugs. "We can always change it later if we have to."
Geoff said: Smiling broadly, Norrin straps the leather armour on the dog, who definitely is somewhat less than thrilled about it. "Thank you, my friend," he says to Erasmus. "Here is payment in full, as promised." He hands over the agreed amount to Erasmus. "Don't be daft, Norrin! This is a gift! I will accept nothing from you that you haven't already given on our adventures. Besides, with a dragon next door, I fear there is still much for us to do for each other." 
Tim M. said: Geoff said: Smiling broadly, Norrin straps the leather armour on the dog, who definitely is somewhat less than thrilled about it. "Thank you, my friend," he says to Erasmus. "Here is payment in full, as promised." He hands over the agreed amount to Erasmus. "Don't be daft, Norrin! This is a gift! I will accept nothing from you that you haven't already given on our adventures. Besides, with a dragon next door, I fear there is still much for us to do for each other."  The big Northman stares at the monk as words fail him. "Thank you, Erasmus. That means a lot to me." He knees in front of the dog. "Hey buddy," he says gently. "This is Erasumus. He's your friend. Do whatever he tells you, okay?" The dog looks at Eramsus, smiles (as dogs smle), and wags his tail.

Edited 1615143979
Geoff said: The big Northman stares at the monk as words fail him. "Thank you, Erasmus. That means a lot to me." He knees in front of the dog. "Hey buddy," he says gently. "This is Erasumus. He's your friend. Do whatever he tells you, okay?" The dog looks at Eramsus, smiles (as dogs smle), and wags his tail. "If nothing else, it's nice to have the opportunity to craft again. There wasn't too much call for it at the monastery, but when it was needed, it was very much a case of function over form." Erasmus reaches down to give Ranger scritches, but the dog doesn't trust him enough for that just yet. He drops his head and backs away slightly. "Hmm... Maybe a treat would help?" Erasmus strolls off to the kitchen to find some tasty scraps.
Erasmus tries to buy a potion of healing. Tried in chat and failed.  In fact, he was sure he had one in his pack already, but where do that one go?!

Edited 1615166096
Tim M. said: Erasmus tries to buy a potion of healing. Tried in chat and failed.  In fact, he was sure he had one in his pack already, but where do that one go?! *Seeing Eramus having dificulty finding potion of healing Strohm introduced him to Beverly one of his Harem girls and also a trained herbalist* "Eramus one of my girls can brew you some potions if you want but they do come with a minor problem of flatulence, just gotten a fresh potion if you want I can give it to you free of charge" 
WhiteValyrian said: *Seeing Eramus having dificulty finding potion of healing Strohm introduced him to Beverly one of his Harem girls and also a trained herbalist* "Eramus one of my girls can brew you some potions if you want but they do come with a minor problem of flatulence, just gotten a fresh potion if you want I can give it to you free of charge"  "My thanks, Strohm. I am grateful for your warnings about possible side effects. Flatulence may be mildly embarrassing, but it is far more short-lived than death. I'm happy to pay for this, you and Beverly have supplies to purchase in order to craft these, and your companions have certainly grown accustomed to a particular standard of living! "Just one thing though, if I may? I know the ladies are fully consenting, and I understand that there are different cultures coming together here, but may I politely request that you refrain from referring to them as 'my girls'? I find it very dehuminsing and regardless of the riches you lavish upon them, they are free women who do whatever it is they do with you by their own choice. This would mean a great deal to me."
Erasmus has a thought about the extra magical weapons.  "I don't know much about dragons, but given that Razing Death has taken not just food but treasure too, would it be worth us keeping hold of the greatswords to offer as tribute? I know we will eventually need to deal with the Beast, but I do not feel as though we are yet strong enough to do so imminently."
"Hmm i will take your advice to heart Eramus it is very rude to treat women associated with me as just 'my girls' after all seeing as they're are involved with a noble such as I make them more or less noble ladies themselves"  "Yes Thank you for this great insight Eramus i will now report to them now the 'Ladies of Leth' post haste" *When Strohm returns to his harem he celebrated with fine food and drinks (spending an Aristocratic lifestyle expense summing 40 gp just for tonight) and the next night would be introducing himself to Amara deTrevani with a modest 10 gp*
Lady Barbara appoints Gila as Steward, overseeing the provisions. T1 1359 Strohm spends a delightful couple of days with the beautiful Amara deTrevani. She tells him of her once-beautiful manor estate in her homeland of Brandiar, laid to ruin by ten years of war with the Witch King, now a wasteland. The swarms of dragons were the last straw - her family were trying to rebuild when a red dragon attacked the estate, killing her fiancee Sir Clebold and the rest of her remaining family. She survived by hiding in the fish pond, then fled south.  
Lady Barbara asks Fraener & his dwarves to demolish the secret tunnel - this can be done through careful removal of the support timbers, if done right you should get a cascading reaction collapsing a couple hundred feet of tunnel.

Edited 1615209409
Erasmus and Jyrdani sit in the grounds of the hall together, chewing the fat. Jyrdani looks up at Erasmus with a smile. "So, love, Strohm's planning to renovate one of the farms... ever thought about doing the same?"  "Ha!” Erasmus chuckles. “I suppose my home now is really the Monastery, although it never really felt like it, you know? You've seen how expansive it is there. I do prefer the comfort of a smaller abode, even this place is too crowded for my liking." Jyrdani’s smile fades at his laugh. "Just thinking - this place is alright, but we don't want to be living in a Festhall forever. But I like what Norrin - what Lady D'Ashe - is doing, trying to build something." Erasmus’s gaze drifts to the distance. ‘ A new home? ’ he thinks to himself, ‘ It would certainly be nice to have a real home again. I can’t go back to Robden; there’s nothing but nightmares there now. Could I live under Barbara’s watch? Norrin will make a good Lord but the Lady’s ambition worries me…'  He is yanked from his reverie by an elbow to the ribs. “Hey! Are you listening to me?” Jyrdani looks annoyed. “Ow! What? Sorry, I was thinking about what you said about building something. What were you saying?” “Just that there’s places round here. No good with a dragon flying around, of course, but if we can clear him out – without mounting the damn thing this time, please – perhaps we could claim somewhere as our own?” She leans hear head back onto his chest. “Hmm. We’ve only known each other a few months, and I only really let myself move on a few short weeks ago. You know I care for you deeply, and I do feel a connection with you that I haven’t had with anyone since, well, you know. “This adventuring life is taking it’s toll on these old bones, for sure. Having somewhere to come back to and call home would certainly be welcome. I never imagined when I set out from the Monastery that I would see and do the things I have,” Jyrdani interrupts her lover’s monologue, turning and kneeling up in front of him. She puts a hand on her hip and bites a finger of her other hand, making a parody of the poses she has seen the festhall girls strike. “And you like what you have seen and done, right?” she says, cocking an eyebrow suggestively. “Oh, er, well, I mean, yes. Of course, yes!” Erasmus blushes ever so slightly. “Haha! Still so bashful!” she chuckles. “Anyway, we can talk about this later. Come,” she says as she stands and offers a hand, “Let’s go and see if that bathtub is free...”
Fraener and his huscarls want to discreetly find out what they can about the following people. They will spend 40GP on drinks etc. between them.  Torag Toragson Mirna Norsdotter Kaern  Dwarf Miners.  Torag Toragson Mirna Norsdotter Kaern  The Dwarf Miners around the area of the Lost Halls.

Edited 1615259590
Atop one of the towers surrounding the Hall, Norrin finds quiet solitude away from the noise and the bustle. He found this place a few days ago, probably the furthest place away from the festivities, but still part of D'Ashe Manor. In the dim twilight, he leans against the parapet and embraces the chilly evening air. Aye, winter is coming, although winters in Damara will be totally unlike -- and most likely worse than -- the winters he's used to in Waterdeep, on the seacoast. Nearby, Ranger the hero dog is his only company, sniffing at some random scent. The dog has proven useful, herding the horses and chasing away a fox that found its way into the chickens. Yes, he's a good dog, and Norrin is glad to have him around. He takes in the evening as he contemplates the events that have gotten him here. Foremost in his mind is the beautiful woman who shares his bed, Barbara. They have only been together for a short time, as fate had thrown them together in a cataclysm of violence that almost claimed both their lives, but they both emerged stronger for it. One thing let to another, and now it seems their futures are intertwined with each other. He's heard that some of his friends think that she is ambitious, perhaps overly so. And what of that? He's ambitious as well, working toward a barony for himself, or maybe even a dukedom. And why shouldn't Barbara be ambitious? She worked hard to get to where she was, only to lose it all when her husband died in the war and had to sell her holdings to Gurzun, only to be betrayed by him, and sold as a slave. Were it not for Norrin, Jack, Einar and the others, who knows what would have happened to her? Regardless, she is smart and loyal, and a survivor. And he wants her by his side regardless of what the fates have in store. He grins into the darkening evening. She's ambitious, aye, but is she as ambitious as he? He's already made a name for himself in Carmathan and Arcata. Word is getting around about "Norrin, Son of Thorrin, Champion of D'Ashe, Slayer of the Ogre War-Chief Ulfe, Friend of the Yellow Rose" as someone to be reckoned with. Yes, that's what he wants. Fame and fortune. His name to be spoken with awe and reverence. His feats to be sung by firesides. He wants the evil beings of the Realms to quake in their boots at the mere mention of his name, and the goodly folk to know that they have a found a friend and defender in him. Ambitious? Aye. So what? But first things first. There's the matter of this dragon, Razing-Death by name. He feels they could have slain it when first encountering it. But they were ill prepared for it, and almost lost a few of their number. As it is, they lost some valuable horses, something that doesn't sit well with him. But if they slew the dragon there, then they wouldn't know where its lair was -- and dragons always have lairs, and those lairs are always filled with treasures. So, they will bide their time and wait, and hopefully word of the location of Razing-Death's lair will reach their ears. The second thing that's eating at him is Goblin Town. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. They must be cautious. Although he's never been there, he's heard stories of Vigguz the leader. And Ostrikka the slaver was from there. As Lord of D'Ashe Manor, he dislikes having such a foul place as neighbours, even though Goblin Town is a very safe distance away. But if he becomes baron or duke, it's something that he will have to take care of eventually. A thought occurs to him. He wonders if they could have the dragon and Goblin Town turn on each other. Tell the dragon that Goblin Town lusts after his horde. Or alert the denizens of Goblin Town that the dragon is viewing them as its next target. Get them to wipe each other out, and then he and his friends move in, clean up the survivors, and claim victory. He chuckles to himself. Ambitious, indeed! His thoughts turn to his companions. A good lot, one and all, and he trusts them implicitly. He's glad to be able to fight alongside such a steadfast group, although he wishes Einar could join them. But as the new Lord of Ramvira, he has a lot on his plate now. He wonders what trouble the mage has gotten himself into these days. He hears a startled gasp from a short distance away, and turns to see one of the house guards looking at him. He remembers this one, good with a spear and quick with a laugh, but the name escapes him. "M-milord," the lad says, startled, "Forgive me, I didn't know anyone was up here." "It's alright. Just enjoying the night air, is all," Norrin replies. "Make sure you keep warm. It's going to be a cold night. C'mon, Ranger, let's go."

Edited 1615278056
Torag Toragson - hard drinking/fighting/wenching founder of well fortified Torag's Hold, which controls the nearby dwarf mines. Got on well with Gurzun. Often visits D'Ashe Manor for trade and fun. Mirna Norsdottir - dwarf paladin of Berronar, dwarf goddess of the hearth & wife of Moradin. The Dwarfstead dwarves are shepherds, hunters and farmers who keep to themselves. Kaern - human mine boss with stockaded hold on the edge of Stoneheart Vale, tough warrior. Said to deal with the goblinoids of the Vale as often as fight them, and to hold slaves traded from Goblin Town.  None are married or have known children. The Dwarfstead dwarves are descended from survivors of the fall of Carak Nur (and so are related to Fraener & his followers), Torag and his followers came to the region more recently, but he has recruited some Dwarfstead dwarves bored with the peaceful farming life.   Chris T. said: Fraener and his huscarls want to discreetly find out what they can about the following people. They will spend 40GP on drinks etc. between them.  Torag Toragson Mirna Norsdotter Kaern  Dwarf Miners.  Torag Toragson Mirna Norsdotter Kaern  The Dwarf Miners around the area of the Lost Halls.
Mirna sounds like the perfect starting point. Fraener will compose a respectful letter of introduction. Requesting an audience at her convenience and outlining his current efforts in and hopes  for  Khundrakar. Simon N. said: Torag Toragson - hard drinking/fighting/wenching founder of well fortified Torag's Hold, which controls the nearby dwarf mines. Got on well with Gurzun. Often visits D'Ashe Manor for trade and fun. Mirna Norsdottir - dwarf paladin of Berronar, dwarf goddess of the hearth & wife of Moradin. The Dwarfstead dwarves are shepherds, hunters and farmers who keep to themselves. Kaern - human mine boss with stockaded hold on the edge of Stoneheart Vale, tough warrior. Said to deal with the goblinoids of the Vale as often as fight them, and to hold slaves traded from Goblin Town.  None are married or have known children. The Dwarfstead dwarves are descended from survivors of the fall of Carak Nur (and so are related to Fraener & his followers), Torag and his followers came to the region more recently, but he has recruited some Dwarfstead dwarves bored with the peaceful farming life.   Chris T. said: Fraener and his huscarls want to discreetly find out what they can about the following people. They will spend 40GP on drinks etc. between them.  Torag Toragson Mirna Norsdotter Kaern  Dwarf Miners.  Torag Toragson Mirna Norsdotter Kaern  The Dwarf Miners around the area of the Lost Halls. M
Fraener will tell Norrin of the history of Goblin Town and how it was once the fairest of Dwarven realms, Carak Nur.  He also agrees with the mighty warrior that the Dragon must be dealt with sooner rather than later. They do not make good neighbors.  Geoff said: Atop one of the towers surrounding the Hall, Norrin finds quiet solitude away from the noise and the bustle. He found this place a few days ago, probably the furthest place away from the festivities, but still part of D'Ashe Manor. In the dim twilight, he leans against the parapet and embraces the chilly evening air. Aye, winter is coming, although winters in Damara will be totally unlike -- and most likely worse than -- the winters he's used to in Waterdeep, on the seacoast. Nearby, Ranger the hero dog is his only company, sniffing at some random scent. The dog has proven useful, herding the horses and chasing away a fox that found its way into the chickens. Yes, he's a good dog, and Norrin is glad to have him around. He takes in the evening as he contemplates the events that have gotten him here. Foremost in his mind is the beautiful woman who shares his bed, Barbara. They have only been together for a short time, as fate had thrown them together in a cataclysm of violence that almost claimed both their lives, but they both emerged stronger for it. One thing let to another, and now it seems their futures are intertwined with each other. He's heard that some of his friends think that she is ambitious, perhaps overly so. And what of that? He's ambitious as well, working toward a barony for himself, or maybe even a dukedom. And why shouldn't Barbara be ambitious? She worked hard to get to where she was, only to lose it all when her husband died in the war and had to sell her holdings to Gurzun, only to be betrayed by him, and sold as a slave. Were it not for Norrin, Jack, Einar and the others, who knows what would have happened to her? Regardless, she is smart and loyal, and a survivor. And he wants her by his side regardless of what the fates have in store. He grins into the darkening evening. She's ambitious, aye, but is she as ambitious as he? He's already made a name for himself in Carmathan and Arcata. Word is getting around about "Norrin, Son of Thorrin, Champion of D'Ashe, Slayer of the Ogre War-Chief Ulfe, Friend of the Yellow Rose" as someone to be reckoned with. Yes, that's what he wants. Fame and fortune. His name to be spoken with awe and reverence. His feats to be sung by firesides. He wants the evil beings of the Realms to quake in their boots at the mere mention of his name, and the goodly folk to know that they have a found a friend and defender in him. Ambitious? Aye. So what? But first things first. There's the matter of this dragon, Razing-Death by name. He feels they could have slain it when first encountering it. But they were ill prepared for it, and almost lost a few of their number. As it is, they lost some valuable horses, something that doesn't sit well with him. But if they slew the dragon there, then they wouldn't know where its lair was -- and dragons always have lairs, and those lairs are always filled with treasures. So, they will bide their time and wait, and hopefully word of the location of Razing-Death's lair will reach their ears. The second thing that's eating at him is Goblin Town. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. They must be cautious. Although he's never been there, he's heard stories of Vigguz the leader. And Ostrikka the slaver was from there. As Lord of D'Ashe Manor, he dislikes having such a foul place as neighbours, even though Goblin Town is a very safe distance away. But if he becomes baron or duke, it's something that he will have to take care of eventually. A thought occurs to him. He wonders if they could have the dragon and Goblin Town turn on each other. Tell the dragon that Goblin Town lusts after his horde. Or alert the denizens of Goblin Town that the dragon is viewing them as its next target. Get them to wipe each other out, and then he and his friends move in, clean up the survivors, and claim victory. He chuckles to himself. Ambitious, indeed! His thoughts turn to his companions. A good lot, one and all, and he trusts them implicitly. He's glad to be able to fight alongside such a steadfast group, although he wishes Einar could join them. But as the new Lord of Ramvira, he has a lot on his plate now. He wonders what trouble the mage has gotten himself into these days. He hears a startled gasp from a short distance away, and turns to see one of the house guards looking at him. He remembers this one, good with a spear and quick with a laugh, but the name escapes him. "M-milord," the lad says, startled, "Forgive me, I didn't know anyone was up here." "It's alright. Just enjoying the night air, is all," Norrin replies. "Make sure you keep warm. It's going to be a cold night. C'mon, Ranger, let's go."
While Erasmus is working on the armour for Syrus, he spends a little time with Fraener talking about their respective journeys to their current circumstance, along with some inquiring into the dwarf's faith.  "I was never really very religious before joining the Monastery. Sure, I believe in the gods, but worship wasn't something I went in for. The monks at the Monastery showed me a path, through dedicated toil and meditation.  "I believe I am a strange case for the Order. Usually only children, orphans, we're chosen to join. I do not know why I was invited to stay, but after the sacking of Robden, I was cared for at the Monastery. I have not been a child for many years, but I suppose the Masters saw some potential in me. Grandmaster Cantoule and I are very similar in age, I think. It is strange that someone as young as he should be elevated to Grandmaster, and strange that someone as old as I be initiated,.but we are where we are. "I'm sorry, my friend; I'm rambling. Won't you tell me of your path to Moradrin's divine grace? Your magicks are wonderful, and your skill with hammer and tongs is exemplary! As one craftsman to another, I truly admire the form of your work; even if its function does not suit my personal preference. "Also, what are your hopes for Khundrakar? I do not know much of its history, just snippets from Tenho and a few books. Do you plan on bringing dwarven settlements in the area under the rule of the throne? Or are you wishing to simply build your own estate and trade interdependently with the existing holds?"
Fraener swiftly receives back an invitation from Mirna Norsdottir to visit Dwarfstead. Arriving with his men, Fraener finds it to be a rough and ready farming village of 200 or so, with a ditch and wood palisade atop square-cut stone. Mirna's longhouse is a humble hall by dwarf standards, the axe of Moradin surmounted by the silver rings of Berronar Truesilver above the entryway. After a substantial feast of lamb, rabbit and deer with turnip mash, Mirna gets down to business. "Son of Durgeddin, who wears Durgeddin's steel. Know that my people are those who fled Carak Nur when it fell. Who would not follow Durgeddin the Black into the mountains once more. What we have we hold - but we are done with holy wars." Chris T. said: Mirna sounds like the perfect starting point. Fraener will compose a respectful letter of introduction. Requesting an audience at her convenience and outlining his current efforts in and hopes  for  Khundrakar. Simon N. said: Torag Toragson - hard drinking/fighting/wenching founder of well fortified Torag's Hold, which controls the nearby dwarf mines. Got on well with Gurzun. Often visits D'Ashe Manor for trade and fun. Mirna Norsdottir - dwarf paladin of Berronar, dwarf goddess of the hearth & wife of Moradin. The Dwarfstead dwarves are shepherds, hunters and farmers who keep to themselves. Kaern - human mine boss with stockaded hold on the edge of Stoneheart Vale, tough warrior. Said to deal with the goblinoids of the Vale as often as fight them, and to hold slaves traded from Goblin Town.  None are married or have known children. The Dwarfstead dwarves are descended from survivors of the fall of Carak Nur (and so are related to Fraener & his followers), Torag and his followers came to the region more recently, but he has recruited some Dwarfstead dwarves bored with the peaceful farming life.   Chris T. said: Fraener and his huscarls want to discreetly find out what they can about the following people. They will spend 40GP on drinks etc. between them.  Torag Toragson Mirna Norsdotter Kaern  Dwarf Miners.  Torag Toragson Mirna Norsdotter Kaern  The Dwarf Miners around the area of the Lost Halls. M