Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Macro Quick Bar Update Bug Thread

Hi everyone! We have introduced a quality of life enhancement for the Macro Quick Bar! You can now drag and drop roll buttons from the character onto a macro bar at the bottom of the sheet. Previously, this required that you drag the macro to the macro bar at the bottom of the VTT, which was not possible with popped out character sheets. Please feel free to report any bugs you may run into and your feedback!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Does this mean the new character sheet updates are live, or is this a partial rollout?
How I remove macros added this way?  I don't notice it being added to the list in the Macro tab.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
If you hover over the macro bar buttons, you will see a tiny "handle" area on the right. Assuming nothing has changed with the update, you should be able to pull it off the the macro bar. In my experience, you need to pull it a good distance away, so it doesn't think you are just changing the button order.

Edited 1615356146
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Repeating these from the Character Sheet Update thread , since they are likely related: Token Action Buttons will no longer open action in edit mode with a shift click I have found a non-catastrophic, but very annoying and serious bug. Previously, when you shift click on a button on the Macro Quick Bar or Token Action Bar, it would take you directly to the macro or ability, already in edit mode. This is an incredible timesaver. It still functions for macros in the Collections tab, but for abilities will only open up the corresponding sheet, on the bio tab, and the Ability is not in edit mode even after manually switching to the proper tab. This has been an essential feature for many years. I hope it will not be too difficult to restore. Many Token Actions are non functional and cannot be edited That is, they can be clicked on, but they cannot be opened, edited or assigned to the macro bar. This seems to happen if the character sheet is ever re-opened. The Abilities tab functions normally the first time a sheet is opened in a session, but when you open it a second time: Clicking "show in macro bar" does nothing. The checkbox is clicked, but the action does not appear or disappear in the bar. Clicking the edit icon (pencil) is non-functional. This one  is  a critical failure, as the ability to edit Abilities is essential.
keithcurtis said: If you hover over the macro bar buttons, you will see a tiny "handle" area on the right. Assuming nothing has changed with the update, you should be able to pull it off the the macro bar. In my experience, you need to pull it a good distance away, so it doesn't think you are just changing the button order. Thanks. I almost figured that one out on my own, but didn't realize it was distance sensitive. UI clarity would be nice, but I guess it's another one of those roll20 things.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Ha! Yeah, that's pretty low on the list of UI fixes on my wish list. It's in the area of quirky, instead of obstructive.

Edited 1615399419
Hello everyone ! Well i'm quite a newbie with Roll20 (i started 1 month ago) and since yesterday with the last update (PCMHelper 1.0.12) i have some issues. When i select my token (PC or NPC) there are a lot of new entries in the character's action bar (Cast-Cantrip, Cast-L1, Cast-L2, PC-Attack, etc....) but i don't want them. Is there a way to delete some of them? Also all the attacks that i've created are now useless, they do nothing at all :( PS: sorry for my bad english, i hope you'll understand me :)
Gold
Forum Champion
What is this update? Applies only to Pop-Out character sheets, or something else? Analyzer " You can now drag and drop roll buttons from the character onto a macro bar at the bottom of the sheet." How would that be an update? That's how it already worked, for years. I drop roll buttons from Character Sheet onto Quick Bar frequently. Before this update. What's the change?
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Gold said: What is this update? Applies only to Pop-Out character sheets, or something else? Analyzer " You can now drag and drop roll buttons from the character onto a macro bar at the bottom of the sheet." How would that be an update? That's how it already worked, for years. I drop roll buttons from Character Sheet onto Quick Bar frequently. Before this update. What's the change? I think the change is that you are dragging it to an area at the bottom of the sheet instead of to the actual bar at the bottom of the page/vtt.  I don't use the quick macro bar much, so I haven't tested it.  Does this work to drag buttons to the bar with the sheet popped out in another window?  If it does, then it sounds handy for people popping sheets out and having the sheet on a different monitor than the vtt.
We pushed out a fix today for the following issues and they should be resolved at this point. Many Token Actions are non functional and cannot be edited Please let us know if there are any other problems with the Macro Quickbar.

Edited 1615414831
Gold
Forum Champion
Turns out, this update is allowing Adding Buttons to your Macro Quick Bar BY dragging-dropping them to a new special target area at the bottom of Character Sheets. It's the same (good ol') Macro Quick Bar, thank goodness. The one that's below Player Avatars, as it's always been. This change is not putting buttons in a new place, it's just giving a new GUI for adding buttons to your Macro Quick Bar. It's now the 4the way to add buttons into your Macro Quick Bar, the 4 ways that I know of are: 1. Under Journals Tab, in Macros interface, checkmark "In Bar". 2. On the Attributes & Abilities tab, under Abilities, checkmark "Show in Quick Bar" 3. From a Character sheet, drag-and-drop a roll button to your existing Macro Quick Bar (the old drag-and-drop way). 4. On a character sheet, drag-and-drop to a NEW invisible drop-zone area at the bottom of the sheet itself. The new thing is a new way to add buttons to Quick Bar.  It is not a new location of Quick Bar. Kraynic said: Gold said: What is this update? Applies only to Pop-Out character sheets, or something else? Analyzer " You can now drag and drop roll buttons from the character onto a macro bar at the bottom of the sheet." How would that be an update? That's how it already worked, for years. I drop roll buttons from Character Sheet onto Quick Bar frequently. Before this update. What's the change? I think the change is that you are dragging it to an area at the bottom of the sheet instead of to the actual bar at the bottom of the page/vtt. 
Hi everyone, We have been keeping a close eye on the issues being reported from this update and have decided to rollback recent the update temporarily so we can thoroughly investigate. For everyone here, the macro quick bar updates mentioned in this thread will be removed in this process. We will provide further updates as we can and let you know once this feature is re-released. Just to clarify, this rollback will  not   affect updates and changes you have made to your game. If you created maps, characters, etc. all of that information and progress will still be there. Sorry for the trouble, and thank you so much for your reports on this matter!
Hey everyone! This morning we re-released the changes discussed in this thread, along with fixes related to memory related issues in the platform. If you experience any other problems, please don’t hesitate to let us know.
Loading character sheets has gotten significantly slower (1-4 second delay) since this update was re-released.
Am I the only one experiencing a lack of transparency? I tried in 2 different browsers now (Firefox and Chrome) and both show the same opaque bar around the macros and not the usual transparency  ("Show macro quick bar").
I have the same problem with a huge black bar at the bottom of the screen. It was fine on the 16th, which is the last time I opened Roll20.
The bar at the bottom of the screen is an issue I'm experiencing as well. It's very in the way and I hope it's addressed soon. In addition to that, the page selection tab at the top of the game screen has changed colors to a bright white that make's it difficult to read map titles. Neither of these were an issue yesterday, March 17th.
I've started having these problems as well. Character sheets take a few seconds to load, and take an extra second to switch tabs within them. The macro bar has also become a black bar that blocks my ability to click on things behind it. (Ignore the wall of empty character sheets, that is a bug for this game that has been going on for years at this point) I'm not sure if its related, but it appeared it appeared at the same time. My sheets now have double scroll bars, with an outer set being present at all times regardless of sheet size. The outside set blocks the ability to resize the sheets on the outer edge, instead forcing me to click between the two sets of scroll bars.  Example of that:
Yeah, just came back to report that I'm getting the double-scroll-bars on character sheets too.
I have te same problem as al of you this is preventing me from editing things in my journal
These updates are pretty awful. I really hope they get reverted until they can be corrected.
I don't think it has been pointed out in this thread yet but the macro bar also prevents you from using the controls it covers at the bottom of the chat pane. "Speak As" and "Send"
Hey folks! We're aware of some styling issues with the VTT and especially the macro bar. We'll be working on getting this fixed as soon as possible. Thank you for the reports!
Seems like the character sheet lag is also extremely prevalent in the charactermancer. It froze on on the 'new spells' part so long I thought the sheet had somehow broken completely. And yeah, GrandGalacticInquisitor, that's what I meant by preventing me from interacting with things behind it. I've turned the macro bar off for now, which thankfully took its black bar with it.  I don't mean to sound aggressive or anything, but I'm a bit confused as to the point of this update. I know it was mentioned helping those who prefer sheets popped out into a new window, but are there people who can only  do that? If the issues with character sheet lag cannot be solved, it might be preferable for those people to use the other options just long enough to set up the bar before returning to what they prefer instead of character sheets becoming slower as a whole. 
Ah, seems like some sort of fix went through. It also appeared to be causing UI problems with the map tab and token setting, but those are fixed as well. Thank you for the quick fix. 
Hey everyone! The styling issues with the macro bar and other VTT elements should be fixed now. Please make sure to refresh your browser and clear your cache if you still experience problems. If you continue to have any issues after that, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thanks!